• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

The Button-Piano Accordion

Walker

🪗
Reaction score
There have been countless variations on the accordion design over the years. The button-piano accordion is one such design.

I first noticed one when I saw a Venezia (Hohner) on eBay, but during a conversation with a friend on the Forum, he introduced me to the Swiss accordion museum and the marvellous accordion collections it contains.

There were two particular accordions that stood out to me as being very interesting:

A beautiful Damianenko accordion with buttons in the "piano" formation:

(see link for item description)

Secondly, a spectacular Dallape with two treble manuals. The inner keyboard has full musette tuning (MMM) and the outer keyboard has double bassoon tuning (LL) in cassotto!

(see link for item description)

looks like I failed the accordion-enthusiast test again...
Oh no! Your post was very, very interesting. I just looked at the box from the point of view of expediency. Other exotic solutions would also end up in the same way, for example this:
1714393670375.png
(Source)

Times are hard and the evolutionary selection of the best boxes very hard...

Best regards, Vladimir

Arranging buttons in a piano fashion is one thing, but sticking a piano manual onto an accordion is a whole new degree of madness, imho. ;) Who would want to play that?!
Almost as mad as sticking buttons onto a violin.

That Dallape is a stroke of genius...at first I thought was a split keyboard then heard the different voicings between the bass keys and the treble keys...super... bit like the two keyboards on a Hammond...except you couldn't play both at simultaneously..
Supercool

Back