• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Musictech or Orlavox

vlgraybill

Reaction score
Considering a purchase of a digital much less expensive than Roland for casual use. If one can be purchased at a very reasonably low price for a good condition unit, which is the better buy - a Musictech 50 or Orlavox Quartette? I would appreciate any and all assessments of the two less than Roland accordions. Do you recommend a repair shop anywhere in the US where quality digital repairs are made on Musictech or Orlavox accordions which are no longer made or where parts may be hard to find? Considering Liberty Bellows as the source for the purchase. Thank you very much.

1999 for an orlavox is 1000 too much in my opinion.. they didn't
cost much more than that new, and are many decades old even
if they just sat there in a closet

as a comparison there is a FR7x with a BK7m expander for $ 3 grand
on the toms river craigslist currently for sale

I have a musictech 59 that I use professionally. I had a minor problem (no sound from a G7 button) with the bass section that I was able to fix myself (poor contact). Other than a rare electronic glitch (midi error which requires shutting down and starting up) other than those two issues, the accordion works great. I have owned and used it on jobs for about ten years and it has never failed me. I paid around $3,000 for is and it has paid for itself many times. I would buy it again.

I have a musictech 59 that I use professionally. I had a minor problem (no sound from a G7 button) with the bass section that I was able to fix myself (poor contact). Other than a rare electronic glitch (midi error which requires shutting down and starting up) other than those two issues, the accordion works great. I have owned and used it on jobs for about ten years and it has never failed me. I paid around $3,000 for is and it has paid for itself many times. I would buy it again.
Thank you for your response.

I have a Music tech digital 50 it is easily ten years old….never been a problem. Good accordion, but it has no speaker in it, and has a cord attached to the sound module. There is a wireless option to add to it, but is ridiculously expensive. I have not found this to be a problem though, as I generally stay in one place when I am playing. The accordion sounds are surprisingly good.
I have used his as a gigging box for about 8 or 9 years. They now have a model with an internal speaker.

I have a Music tech digital 50 it is easily ten years old….never been a problem. Good accordion, but it has no speaker in it, and has a cord attached to the sound module. There is a wireless option to add to it, but is ridiculously expensive. I have not found this to be a problem though, as I generally stay in one place when I am playing. The accordion sounds are surprisingly good.
I have used his as a gigging box for about 8 or 9 years. They now have a model with an internal speaker.
Thank you for your information.

Back