• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

MAJOR WEEK LONG UK ACCORDION EVENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

george garside

Prolific poster
Reaction score
Accordions International oct 7 - 11 Mundersley holiday village Norfolk. Billed as ''a total indulgence of accordions'' concerts, workshops, major trade stalls, etc etc. Accomodation available for £200 . I have never been but it sounds like a teriffic event. Info from Heather Smith o1482 805387.

If the powers that be on here want a poster with full info to put on here Heather will probablybe able to provide one. I got the info by email from Rob Howard of stockport accordion club but can't find a way of transferring the email to here.

george

Hi George, thanks for the tip.
Perhaps you can print the information you received to PDF then attach the file.
Just an idea.
Is there a website?

I’ve been in touch about this, the phone number O1482 805387 (not Heather Smith) is for the bookings/payment. For info it’s Heather Smith 07935 234073. It sounds like the program itself will be finalised closer to the event.

I’d like to go but it’s a 6 hour drive, pah!

http://www.accordionfestival.com/

You and me both Bob. Plus I've plain run out of holidays. :roll:

Is anyone on the Forum going to this? Someone at my accordion club reckons it's usually very good. I'm very tempted to give it a try, 200 seems quite resonable including accomodation and stuff. The only thing is I'd have to take a week off work and it's a VERY long way from me in Bristol, even longer than I thought. I forgot how large and remote Norfolk is - driving, or on the train, it would be quicker to get to Scotland!

Still, I reckon I may give it a go if there are places available and I can find out some more info.

simonking said:
....and its a VERY long way from me in Bristol, even longer than I thought. I forgot how large and remote Norfolk is - driving, or on the train, it would be quicker to get to Scotland!

Same for me, it’s at least a 6 hour drive from south Devon. Hmmm...

BobM.

There's an accordion week and a folk week at St Audrey's Bay which is more in the SW. I think they may have just been. I haven't been myself but people I know have enjoyed them and go each year.

Matt Butcher said:
Theres an accordion week and a folk week at St Audreys Bay which is more in the SW. I think they may have just been.

Yes, it’s been and gorn, Pah!

BobM.

Well, I've decided to take a chance and give this one a go next weekend. I probably won't know anyone going but should be an interesting accordion-heavy experience at least!

Simon, from my experience over 10 Years of this kind of event, you will enjoy most of it and you will certainly make friends. Let us know how you get on.
Pete

Really looking forward to Mundesley accordion festival 20th/24th October. Went last year for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed this well organised accordion event. Don't know who Mike O'Regan is but everyone was pleased he wasn't there last year and judging by his comment on Facebook I'm not surprised. It's a long way to travel but worth every penny. Heather Smith does a great job organising these events, although I don't think some people realise just how much she does as the sole organiser. I don't envy her job!! And not forgetting she also publishes a monthly accordion mag called Accordion Profile and is organiser of another annual festival at the Norbreck Castle Hotel, Blackpool, which will be held 10th/15th May next year. I've already booked for that one. She's certainly some gal.......

Not long till Mundesley now and the chance to see/hear Harry Hussey, Alan Young and Richard Holmes playing the late night jazz sessions is an opportunity i'm not gonna miss...

losthobos said:
Not long till Mundesley now and the chance to see/hear Harry Hussey,

Ive had the opportunity to play a couple of gigs with HH in a band setting. He knows thousands of tunes, in pretty much any key that you throw at him, great company too. :)

BobM.

losthobos said:
Not long till Mundesley now and the chance to see/hear Harry Hussey,

Ive had the opportunity to play a couple of gigs with HH in a band setting. He knows thousands of tunes, in pretty much any key that you throw at him, great company too. :)

BobM.[/quote]

hes my hero... {} and Alan Young/Richard Holmes are mean players too...

Hi folks, went to the accordion festival at Mundesley and it was fabulous. Heather Smith certainly knows how to organise an international accordion event. The daytime workshops etc were thoughtfully programmed to enable players of certain standards to participate in three or four of them, so I was able to join the intermediate, Scottish and swing band, and I had a great time. There's a lot to learn when taking part in these sessions, which is very beneficial. The free & easy sessions were popular but I didn't pluck up courage to do 'solo'. The evening concerts were packed with performances from top players and for me the stars were David Vernon & Dick Lee and of course the fantastic PARIS MOSCOU Duo. Players of this calibre must have cost Heather a lot of money. Great atmosphere also. Shall miss Heather's excellent accordion festivals in Norfolk. I have already booked for Blackpool, again I just know this will be a wonderful event, so book now if you want an excellent Sunday-Friday accordion break 10th/15th May at the Norbreck Castle Hotel. Tel. 01780 782093 (Sceptre Promotions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back