• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

John Whelan's "Taking Time" and tune teaching sessions on Zoom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seisiuneer

Reaction score
For about 7 months now, two-time All-Ireland champion Irish B/C-tuned diatonic button accordion master John Whelan has been hosting a free weekly "Taking Time" slow(ish) session on Zoom every Wednesday afternoon.

In these events, which start at 4 PM Pacific time, John plays about 30 tunes at a relaxed pace over the course of 2 hours.

The session is recorded and the audio recording of the previous week is made available the day after the event.

Recently, John has added an additional hour, starting at 2:30 PM Pacific time, of phrase-by-phrase tune teaching before the main slow session.

To join the events, visit John's website to get on his mailing list for the event:

Each week the day before the session, John emails out the setlist and Zoom link

I maintain a website with all the set lists and the previous week's recording of both the tune teaching and the full session.

On the site, you'll also find detailed transcriptions of the tunes taught in the tune teaching hour.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, Michael! Some day I gotta break out the old Corona.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back