• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Jambalaya/Saints

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to add a second comment to this thread and to express my thanks to Tom for performing his piece here.

Not many on this forum are high level performers (and VERY few of these people make videos for our pleasure here!), and it takes both courage and a strong passion to share something that one created over video, and I just wanted to voice my thanks and respect to Tom for posting and quite honestly, inspiring me to get off my backside and start planning something so that I can share as well. :)

Tom pid=68731 dateline=1577118122 said:
Thanks Larry! Hmmmm, I dont know that book. ...glad you like our (Wisconsin) polkas!

I always wanted play more Cajun style / jambalaya. Check out this youngster!

Thanks Larry! Hmmmm, I dont know that book. ...glad you like our (Wisconsin) polkas!

I always wanted to learn play more Cajun style of this song Is it possible on digital accordion? Check out this youngster...

JerryPH pid=68820 dateline=1577552717 said:
I have to add a second comment to this thread and to express my thanks to Tom for performing his piece here.

Not many on this forum are high level performers (and VERY few of these people make videos for our pleasure here!), and it takes both courage and a strong passion to share something that one created over video, and I just wanted to voice my thanks and respect to Tom for posting and quite honestly, inspiring me to get off my backside and start planning something so that I can share as well.  :)
Thanks Jerry!  Im definitely one of those low level performers with courage and passion!  Always great to see your videos.

Keymn pid=69112 dateline=1578320686 said:
Thanks Larry!  Hmmmm, I dont know that book.  ...glad you like our (Wisconsin) polkas!

I always wanted to learn play more Cajun style of this song Is it possible on digital accordion?  Check out this youngster...

Hi Larry, dont see why not on a digital....  Let us see your take!  Wow, if that kid keeps at it hell be awesome.  Thanks!

Tom pid=69163 dateline=1578449288 said:

Not many on this forum are high level performers (and VERY few of these people make videos for our pleasure here!), and it takes both courage and a strong passion to share something that one created over video, and I just wanted to voice my thanks and respect to Tom for posting and quite honestly, inspiring me to get off my backside and start planning something so that I can share as well.  :)
Thanks Jerry!  Im definitely one of those low level performers with courage and passion!  Always great to see your videos.

Thanks Larry!  Hmmmm, I dont know that book.  ...glad you like our (Wisconsin) polkas!

I always wanted to learn play more Cajun style of this song Is it possible on digital accordion?  Check out this youngster...

Hi Larry, dont see why not on a digital....  Let us see your take!  Wow, if that kid keeps at it hell be awesome.  Thanks!

I don’t do that song much but when I did, played a New Orleans Cajun style beat on the arranger. Kind of faked a Cajun accordion style too. It worked on the gig! May revive it and record it someday...for you to critique...

Tom pid=69163 dateline=1578449288 said:

I don’t do that song much but when I did, played a New Orleans Cajun style beat on the arranger. Kind of faked a Cajun accordion style too. It worked on the gig! May revive it and record it someday...for you to critique...

How did I manage to miss that video when you first posted it? Isn't that lad just great.

I agree with Jerry on this, “takes courage”...it is not about skill level...
On the other end, aging musicians like Jerry Jeff Walker (writer singer “Mr. Bogangles) at 77 still has courage to sing his hits in concert. And look at Tony Bennett! Still performing...
Young or old, pick up that instrument and play, play, play...God given talent that is priceless...

I will never forget my friend on guitar and I playing “down in the Valley” in front of our parents when we were 8 or 9 years old...

Ar Christmas I started to learn to play Jambalaya.
It's going quit well considering that it's only 4 months since I started to learn how to play the accordion, CBA.
Before that I only played a little guitar at beginners level some 40+ years ago.

It's great fun learning how to play.  :)

Good luck Beri! Down in the Valley, a classic deceptively simple, underrated tune which can have good results if played soulfully enough to overcome itself, just my humble opinion, and in my current set of trial tunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back