• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

italian tunes search

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smdc66

Looking for some dots if anyone can help with signposting :?:

TU SCENDI DALLE STELLE

VOLARE

THAT''S AMORE

:ugeek:

30 seconds on Google to get a pdf (5 pages) of the Dean Martin original sheet music !!

smdc66 said:
Looking for some dots if anyone can help with signposting :?:

THATS AMORE

Stuff as popular as that is usually findable by doing a Google image search with the preference set to black and white. You have to sift through a lot of dross but there will usually be a usable bootleg file, often hosted somewhere fairly transient.

All three are available on wikifonia.org, transposible to any key.....

Jack Campin said:
Google image search with the preference set to black and white. You have to sift through a lot of dross but there will usually be a usable bootleg file, often hosted somewhere fairly transient.

my post was a plea as i am not good at sifting through dross and end up downloading this and then worrying i have got a virus ongoing.......... :!:

the image search sounds like a good tip but dont understand it - how do you do a black and white search :? :oops: :?:

Tom said:
All three are available on wikifonia.org, transposible to any key.....

oh yer

forgot about this site

found thats amore and when transposed to c gave more of the sheet music - all of it i think :!:

as initially i notice you get a shortened version of song - i guess you make up the rest trying to carry on the theme :)

You ask away Dave - if we feel you are being idle, the 'polite' among us can just ignore the request; or if feeling helpful we'll answer - 'cos that's the way we try to be on here.. Friendly. Usually.

smdc66 said:
found thats amore and when transposed to c gave more of the sheet music - all of it i think :!:

as initially i notice you get a shortened version of song - i guess you make up the rest trying to carry on the theme :)

If you click on the shortened version it will expand to full size. Similarly if you download the PDF file of the music you will get the whole thing.

As for getting a virus - surely you have some anti-virus software installed on your PC? If not then go to http://www.avast.com and download their free version. :tup:

I see you you have to download Avast. Will it work on Linux Ubuntu ?

AVAST is only useful on Windows. Ubuntu is so unlikely to be affected by viruses it isnt worth taking precautions unless you make a habit of visiting really dodgy websites (same goes for Mac OS). Google does a reasonably good job of warning you about sites it finds that might be malicious.

The black and white option is clickable at the left when you do an image search in Google. This is what I get:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=TU...h&sa=X&ei=EzeZUuHBHZSqhAfFpoGQAw&ved=0CAUQ_AU

It should be obvious which of those thumbnails is most likely to be useful. Some sites will always charge for any staff notation at usable size, but about half of the thumbnails you see there are for free files.

Sorting through stuff like that is an easily learnable skill.

Jack Campin said:
Stuff as popular as that is usually findable by doing a Google image search with the preference set to black and white. You have to sift through a lot of dross but there will usually be a usable bootleg file, often hosted somewhere fairly transient.

i still cant see how to set black and white

is it in advanced settings

:? cant see anything on the left :? :?:

smdc66 said:
TU SCENDI DALLE STELLE

found sheet music on google but confused as its in 6/8 time !

i thought it would be a slow ballad 3/4 as its a silent night type of xmas song

i thought 6/8 was quick tempo :?

Tempo and time signature are independent.

You should see a list of options down the left side of the Google image search page that displays the thumbnails.

Any size
Large
Medium
Icon

Any color
Full color
Black and white
Transparent

Any type
Face
Photo
Clip art
Line drawing
Animated

Any time
Past 24 hours
Past week

Click on the Black and white option.

ah ha

mine is at top in search tools :!:

got it - finally

:roll: :)

smdc66 said:
TU SCENDI DALLE STELLE

found sheet music on google but confused as its in 6/8 time !

i thought it would be a slow ballad 3/4 as its a silent night type of xmas song

i thought 6/8 was quick tempo :?[/quote]

Its legal in most countries to play 6/8 slow. Just use the sheet music to get a feel for where the notes are then play as fast as you want, or like I often do, half fast. Good luck, its a cool tune although I know it from back in the day I have not tried it yet. Are we going to have Christmas songs for tune of the month?

yer it has been mentioned by anyanka - xmas songs for tune of the this mth.

back to this italian xmas song i see a version in key of f which seems fair

i need to work out bass chords but guess probably the 3 chord trick around f may do it and hitting bass and then chord alternately through out

tempo / time sig confuse me as thinking of the tarantellas they are mainly 6/8 and they are not slow songs

3:4 and 6:8 used to give me the heebie-jeebies ......until I started playing blues and the I realised that they are not just one doubling the other .

6:8 gives a "shuffle" feeling while 3:4 is much tighter ....but it is tricky to explain in writing...

hmmm 3:4 goes 1-2-3 1-2-3....6:8 1 aaand 2 aaand 3 aaand 4 aaand 5 aaand 6 ...the aaands giving a longer feel to the music...

oh that was probably no help......

jarvo said:
3:4 and 6:8 used to give me the heebie-jeebies ......until I started playing blues and the I realised that they are not just one doubling the other .

6:8 gives a shuffle feeling while 3:4 is much tighter ....but it is tricky to explain in writing...

hmmm 3:4 goes 1-2-3 1-2-3....6:8 1 aaand 2 aaand 3 aaand 4 aaand 5 aaand 6 ...the aaands giving a longer feel to the music...

oh that was probably no help......

I know what you mean... at least in the last sentence.. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back