• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

It was 20 years ago today....

Tom

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, actually 10 years ago today that I made my first post on this wonderful forum.

I had recently purchased this Lira accordion ($50) from a friend at work, with absolutely no idea what to do with it, and was searching for answers. In fact, I was so clueless, I spent time on the internet searching for info on a "Lira Viola" accordion, not knowing the difference between a brand/model and the previous owner's name.

Coincidently, I just recently retrieved this accordion (I know a guy) with rewaxed and releathered treble side, bellows tape and gasket and shiny corners. It still needs work on the bass side, which I may have done later. Being a smaller format accordion, it will be the one I play when I'm old(er).

Anyway, I'm here today to say thank you to Knobby and all the wonderful people I have met over the past 10 years on this wonderful forum. Thank You!!!❤❤❤🪗🪗🪗

In retrospect, after reviewing the last 10 years, I can say with some authority that this Tom guy can be witty, annoying, helpful, right, wrong and generally mostly entertaining. And really should be playing better after 10 years. Oh well. Your opinions may vary.

Ok, here's to 10 more years!!!!!

20230502_064113.jpg

oh that's a pretty little box

i completely understand.. my old age accordion is a
2 reed Bambi Pan in faux Ivory Cream..

this was my go-to accordion when they needed the
accordionist in the band to also play the Wedding march
stuff in a side room after the vows were finished

i used it on a gig i played for the DC Art Deco club too, as
it really has the "look"

sure, it's not worth fixing up or even keeping in shape, but i do anyway

liked this accordion so much that i dragged it to that
convention where i was playing the Greeter music just to
show it off to Faithe.. like it was one of her children coming
back to say hello ! look at me ! i'm still the cutest thing !

Wow, this thread made me go look at my join date and reminded me about so many things... like
- how I found this place
- why I was here
- how hard my life was at the time
- how in a few months later, I had lost my father
- how all of that brought me back to the accordion and music

... and how the combination of all this would bring me to today. Quite the reminder! :)

Wow, this thread made me go look at my join date and reminded me about so many things... like
- how I found this place
- why I was here
- how hard my life was at the time
- how in a few months later, I had lost my father
- how all of that brought me back to the accordion and music

... and how the combination of all this would bring me to today. Quite the reminder! :)
Life can really throw some tough "curve balls". I'm glad that you are back to some sort of "normalcy"

Well, actually 10 years ago today that I made my first post on this wonderful forum.

I had recently purchased this Lira accordion ($50) from a friend at work, with absolutely no idea what to do with it, and was searching for answers. In fact, I was so clueless, I spent time on the internet searching for info on a "Lira Viola" accordion, not knowing the difference between a brand/model and the previous owner's name.

Coincidently, I just recently retrieved this accordion (I know a guy) with rewaxed and releathered treble side, bellows tape and gasket and shiny corners. It still needs work on the bass side, which I may have done later. Being a smaller format accordion, it will be the one I play when I'm old(er).

Anyway, I'm here today to say thank you to Knobby and all the wonderful people I have met over the past 10 years on this wonderful forum. Thank You!!!❤❤❤🪗🪗🪗

In retrospect, after reviewing the last 10 years, I can say with some authority that this Tom guy can be witty, annoying, helpful, right, wrong and generally mostly entertaining. And really should be playing better after 10 years. Oh well. Your opinions may vary.

Ok, here's to 10 more years!!!!!

20230502_064113.jpg
Well done Tom. If there was an Accordionists Forum 'Hall of Fame' I think you would definitely be inducted!

Thanks everyone!!!! We have a real community here of kind, musical and inquisitive people. So rare these days on the internet and in the world. Just shows the true nature of accordionists.

Cool stories Ventura and Jerry! And Terry, just keep rockin', you're the best!

Back