• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Is there an enharmonic equivalent for this jump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy girl

Reaction score
Jumping from E flat to C sharp & then back to B flat on the bass side in this piece ‘Rustle of Spring’ is quite a feat. I have tried to find enharmonic equivalents to ease the burden but have not been entirely successful.
Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Attachments

• jump.jpg
    jump.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 1,338
Still trying to work it out, I have discovered that the enharmonic equivalent for C sharp7 is D flat7. If this is correct???? then I should be able to fathom a way to play this piece without the big jumps. Halleluiah!

If you are using a 120 bass then the C# (which is the same as Db) is two down from the Eb.
This is normally under the Ab which is often marked with a dimple or some such.
It's not such a jump unless I've misunderstood you.

Attachments

• Stradella_bass_system_chart.JPG
    Stradella_bass_system_chart.JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 1,305
Summer Nights from Grease is a bit like that. There are four key changes without any enharmonic adjustment. You go straight into another key without any adjustment except for one place which is only one note which is really just an indicator. I used to be in male voice choirs which is more common for enharmonic key changes in which you listen carfully to the piano. You can imagine 60 plus voices all suddenly going off key.

Not really the 11th measure is 3 bass notes and 1 Eb major chord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back