• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

I have not heard much about this maker... DALLAPE ORGANTONE

disbo

Reaction score
Greetings,

Id like to find out more about this model.

Professional/ Student? Rare?

Trying to get more pics...

Thanks

Attachments

• Dallape Organtone.jpg
    Dallape Organtone.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 37
What is most obvious about this accordion is that it is very old and worn. It looks like it has a waterfall keyboard which implies it is from before 1960. (The waterfall keyboard was abandoned sometime in the late fifties.) The age and condition of an accordion is most important if you are considering buying this one. This is more important than what model this is. By now this model must be pretty rare because most of these will already have been discarded because of being completely worn out.
Dallapè was a very good brand and they made excellent accordions. This organtone appears to not have many bass registers and that hints at it being a more basic model than others that are also organtone. The number of registers suggests it may be a 4-voice model.
Whether this accordion is still worth anything depends on the condition on the inside. Without pictures of the inside it's impossible to guess the value, but even with pictures this is unlikely to be worth much, because it is so old.

Disbo,
Liberty Bellows has several clips featuring Dallapé Organtone accordions giving considerable build details and usually an asking price (give you an idea of their perceived value).
See here:
Tastes may vary, but I absolutely love their tuning!🙂
Alas, the factory is long gone but the Dalapé tuning lives on virtually, via electronic instruments, like Roland.
Depending on condition and accessibility to a competent technician they would still be notable instruments for a keen amateur/ antiquarian collector, especially one from the Balkan countries.
Here's another (more like yours). I see they're asking $1,199 for it;
It's a name "to conjure with!"
I love them (in the abstract)!🙂

Last edited:
I like to comment on these 80+ year old accordions, but Paul's comments have covered the subject perfectly.
This Dallape model was made from 1930 to 1960 and some of the models from the mid 50's on up are worth the cost
of rebuilding. But I'm afraid this one is not one of them.

Last edited:
I've heard a lot about Dallape tuning but never understood what is different from "normal" .
Can anyone enlighten us please :unsure:

For me, it's the characteristic sound they make. A bit like a bayan to my ears. I don't know how exactly they produce it.🙂

Back