• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

how do i play the same bass notes but at a higher octave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

accordian

i'm learning the song rocket jump waltz but when i look at the pattern for the bass it says it is just press the a key once then press the a key in the next octave twice

i've never heard of this waltz but if you would like to PM me the sheet music I will understand your query and I may be able to help you. Also, I'll learn a new piece!

accordian post_id=50792 time=1506514430 user_id=2458 said:
im learning the song rocket jump waltz but when i look at the pattern for the bass it says it is just press the a key once then press the a key in the next octave twice
This is pretty standard notation to mean that you do not play the a key in the next octave but you play the a major chord. So the octave notation is shorthand for meaning use a chord button.

thanks i ended up finding it out that its "a am" rather a keys at diffrent octaves kinda strange though as in the midi im using it shows literally just two a keys at different octaves being pressed no chords or anything the song just uses a am and e em still thank you for the info as this is definatley going to help i didnt realise some of bass notes with 2 lines meant counter bass. by the way what is counterbass

Counterbases are the row above the bases.
So on a 120 layout:

Bellows
Counterbass
Bass
Major
Minor
7th
Diminished

The counterbass is the major third note from the root.

Example:
For C, it's counterbass will be E.
For D, it's counterbass will be F# (because its major third)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back