• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Hohner Arietta IB - sounding with no buttons pressed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mossie

Hohner Arietta Ib

Help please. I bought my mom a 2nd-hand Hohner Arietta IB and it sounded fine at first but then when I got back home and I gave it to her the 1 note was sounding with no buttons pressed - it sounded like a black key (on the piano side))i took off the treble grille and couldnt see anything obvious - replaced the grille but it still does the same thing! Any suggestions? Thx

Hi Mossie; Lets try to isolate your problem. We know you have a treble valve leaking, so may I suggest you go here AND GIVE A CAREFUL READ !! -- http://www.accordionrevival.com/ACCORDION_REPAIR1.php#Is_it_time_to_re-valve_the_treble_side ? -- When is it time to re-valve the treble side.
You just might find a solution to your dilemma in this chapter. If not, get back with more ???s
P.S. And are you really sure the leaking valve is on the treble side ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back