• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Hohner Amica IV 96 bass

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Epsomsalt

Hi all, first post so please be kind. I an a beginner accordion player who has been lucky enough to be gifted a very old Bell 48 bass piano accordion. I like most genres of music but especially Irish and English folk. I also like to listen to French accordion music.

I am looking to upgrade to something a bit bigger and one that has caught my eye is a hohner Amica IV 96 bass Secondhand. Can someone please let me know if this model is made in Germany or China please.

Thanks in advance
Chris ( Surrey UK based)

Welcome - we are always kind on here... it's what makes us different. Amica I believe is a Chinese manufactured model - all the modern models other than Gola, Morino & Atlantic level are reputed to be Chinese manufacture. Still, a lot of people find them very acceptable.

Thank you for the information. The other one on my radar for similar money is a Jonelli 37 / 96 which I think is Made in Italy by Fantini?.
Thanks again.

Have you checked our 'for sale' - if you fancy a trip to Lincoln you may find an Excelsior 1304 near your budget(?) - no connection, and whilst I recommend (and own) the model, the individual instrument I know nothing about and you'd need to satisfy yourself as to its playability tuning etc but looks a late model to me - Pigini made I believe, guess it's c only 10 years old and doesn't look to be played much.

Amica, like Bravo, is made in China by Hohner using their own (German) machines. I have found the quality quite high, though mine did need some minor adjustment out of the box, but my Hohner Service Center here in the U.S. quickly and completely brought it up to where it should be. The Hohner Atlantic model is the first model made in Germany, and then they go up in price from there.

Finally decided on the Jonelli - very pleased with my decision so far!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on your new baby Chris.
May you have many years of enjoyment together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back