• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Hey there from Cincinnati

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Urbanfelicity

I'm recently retired from gainful employment so finding time to add more music. My wife (on oboe) and I added a twice monthly dance for English Country dancers last year. I have played contradance for over thirty years. Other styles are all folk dance - cajun, scandi, morris, irish, etc.
Just started teaching a 7-year old by ear, creating videos. Will need to move him from 12-bass loaner to something with E minor chord but having trouble finding a small enough accordion for him - i.e. 12x4 bass.
Jim

Jim,

I too am a retired man, though my retirement was some years ago. You will quickly fill your waking hours with meaningful distractions, and very soon wonder how you ever found the time to work.

Like yourself, I play at a number of community projects, including pensioner's events, and at local Folk Clubs throughout the year. I also play in isolated rural locations, which is much more fun than it may sound.

Anyway, a warm welcome to the forum.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.

Welcome!

I'm down in Nashville now, but grew up down the river in Louisville. Close enough to Cincinnati to have been raised putting spaghetti in my chili. :)

I hear they have a mighty Oktoberfest there, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back