• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Hey look the Accordion Emoji is here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AccordionUprising

Reaction score
So a silly thing just came to fruition. If you click on the smily menu as you're writing posts here, you can now include the universal Accordion Emoji! ? (It's way down below sports in the "Activities" section.)

I started this project in November of 2018, and most of it involved waiting for people at the Unicode Consortium to have quarterly meetings. There they'd talk about emoji for a few minutes while they mostly keep everybody's computer text looking right. Finally, as different systems update this fall, the emoji is available on phones and computers all over the world. How funny is that? ?

Sorry it's only a piano instrument. My proposal included a button-box, but I kind of figured that would get overruled by "big piano". :cool:

I posted the link before, but if anybody wants to read about creating an emoji I wrote about it here:
https://accordionuprising.wordpress.com/2020/01/30/accordion-emoji-coming-in-2020/

So there it is, it may qualify as, "The most widespread electronic accordion in the world." Hope it makes some folks smile.

?????????

Oh, emoji's look different on different phones and computers. If you want to compare how the Accordion shows up on various systems you can see them all on the Emojipedia site here: https://emojipedia.org/accordion/

Screenshot showing different versions of the Accordion Emoji on Apple, Google, Amsung, Twitter, etc. All red piano accordions with bellows splayed. From Emojipedia.org

Found it! Great work to get that approved! ???
Cannot find it in whatsapp yet...:(

Last edited:
Two years is not an overly long time to go through the hoops to accomplish such a project. But it does take commitment and determination. Congrats on a job well done!
?

I don't see it on my iPhone :(

Congrats! I don't have it yet either on android.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back