• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

wirralaccordion

Reaction score
I don't normally like accordion bands as I can't understand the point but this clip below is an exception and I do really like it.

Well, if you don't maybe the thread title got your attention!

Wirralaccordion,
Thanks for sharing!??
It looks as if he's got an accordion interest group going at his school.
Very commendable. One of my grandsons is very much enjoying a similar, wind instrument, group a teacher has organised at his school
( he's taken the trumpet).

? If you can get a whole bunch of teenagers interested in playing accordion together, what's not to like?
I've found that the more members of a band you have, the more folks are interested in joining.
Seems they are doing very well.

I don't normally like accordion bands as I can't understand the point but this clip below is an exception and I do really like it.

Well, if you don't maybe the thread title got your attention!

Very good idea. Nice accordion class. But, just my opinion, I don't like the result

Good attempt, great job and very much to commend. The main issue here is the choice of a song. I haven't heard more than this single clip on YouTube but the song doesn't do the kids justice. There are many other songs by the Beatles more appropriate for an accordion orchestra. Yes the accordion is a versatile instrument but you can miss the mark by not thinking through your repertoire.

Just adding my two cents and I hope that this comment is taken as constructive criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back