• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Great player beautiful Gola

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wout

I accidently stumbled upon this guy:
<YOUTUBE id=oxtt1kOZhZI url=></YOUTUBE>

I like him alot! And what a stunning Gola he has.

Enjoy

Ive never before seen a red Gola before, its not my choice of colours, but it is beautiful and it has that distinctive Gola sound that they all seem to have. Hes very expressive with his playing too! I wonder what the spoken language is... is it Dutch?

<YOUTUBE id=gm0YCZ2JsuI url=></YOUTUBE>

JerryPH post_id=51683 time=1508676110 user_id=1475 said:
.....I wonder what the spoken language is... is it Dutch?
Im fairly certain he is speaking Hungarian as his name screams hungarian in its spelling and the words seem familiar - I should know, just started learning the language.
His playing though speaks a universal tongue, beautiful, expressive and fluently done

Cheers,
Mityr

Mityr post_id=51684 time=1508676837 user_id=2539 said:
JerryPH post_id=51683 time=1508676110 user_id=1475 said:
.....I wonder what the spoken language is... is it Dutch?
Im fairly certain he is speaking Hungarian as his name screams hungarian in its spelling and the words seem familiar - I should know, just started learning the language.
His playing though speaks a universal tongue, beautiful, expressive and fluently done

Cheers,
Mityr

Its Hungarian.

That reminds me of this red Morino (appearance, not sound):
<YOUTUBE id=5MF28_LcrKU url=></YOUTUBE>
That red is seen more often on the Shand Morino, but it is rare on the PA versions.

Tying in with our discussion on colours a while ago, I think we are so used to seeing certain instruments in black that these colourful ones certainly stand out.

These two reds seem a lot more palatable than some of the screaming reds from the 50s and 60s. Ive never been a fan of colored accordions, particularly red and white, but this is far more muted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back