• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Going For A Walk

I'm really enjoying looking at pictures that match the familiar names I've been reading! It helps personalize a little more than just the name or thumbnail picture. I frequently forget that our little accordion world has posting members all over the world.
BTW, I'm reading this on Sunday pm in a DC suburb. Had I read this yesterday I would have photographed the leaves that are once again becoming full color in the Shenandoah valley here in Virginia.

We're into late spring here, so autumn leaves are but a memory 🙂.
Here's one such memory 🙂:

Attachments

• D922ECB2-6FE1-44E6-86BD-05D3C3619B4C.jpeg
    D922ECB2-6FE1-44E6-86BD-05D3C3619B4C.jpeg
    159.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Walking is so good for the body and soul! Living on a farm in a rural area I usually walk at least 4 miles a day just to take care of and check up on things, usually more. Outside of our property are at least 120 acres where I can walk but the property itself is 27 acres and with lots of trails and things to look at.

_map_of_farm_2.jpg

farm_house_P6162388e.jpg

llamas_sky_IMG_20160404_200133_666.jpg

I especially love walking around in the spring time and early summer when things are blooming and growing.
This was in February one year.
2017_Feb.jpg

garden.jpg

Lots to see without even leaving the property.
baby_llama_IMG_20170608_205448_666.jpg
P5113621ecs.jpg

Plenty of photo opportunities. (And great honey!)
bee_golden_rain_3.jpg

Never know what I'll find...
snake_JKJ_IMG_20130616_164846_043.jpg

It doesn't snow much here, pretty for a day or so.
snow_gate_IMG_20150226_093758_705.jpg

JKJ

It would be mighty fine to see the Shenandoah valley...
I'm really enjoying looking at pictures that match the familiar names I've been reading! It helps personalize a little more than just the name or thumbnail picture. I frequently forget that our little accordion world has posting members all over the world.
BTW, I'm reading this on Sunday pm in a DC suburb. Had I read this yesterday I would have photographed the leaves that are once again becoming full color in the Shenandoah valley here in Virginia.

We seem to have diverged a bit with these lovely images and missed that walker has been working on an inspiration.... hopefully not just a reworking of Autumn Leaves but something totally unique and refreshing....💪😉
I usually carry a harmonica or two in the pocket for when inspiration strikes. I have benches and chairs spaced around at especially peaceful spots with views into the woods and of the fields. Great for quiet time, introspection, experimenting with a little tune or two

It would be mighty fine to see the Shenandoah valley...
It’s so beautiful. Interestingly enough, I have “Oh Shenandoah” on my stand now, to add to my augmented repertoire, to go as a medley with “Down in the Valley.” A traditional American “folk” song whose origins are lost in the murky realms of time, but I always think of as relating to the Shenandoah River, home to a hydroelectric dam built with or without walking stones as found in Walker’s highlands. It’s one of those classic tunes people recognize and when they hear the iconic accordion player playing a rustic, soulful version on their up north vacation, they reach for their wallet. At least that’s the theory and I’m sticking to it. This river also appears in J Denver’s Country Roads, another addition for 2024.

Edit. Another deceptively simple song that is taking hours to transcribe due to the wide variety of chords and timing found on the old inter web. Why can’t they write it the way I hear it in my head? Why I transcribe pretty much everything.

Last edited:
Back