• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Going Churching....this Sunday

Great news! Best of luck Terry!

Nice. Wish I could be there in person.

Playing the accordion in church is always an experience! Best of luck and enjoy!
Ha ...thanks Paul ..your wishes are appreciated but alas is not actually in a church.......
Here's a teaser video from last year's event...

I'm playing a one hour set covering the history and evolution of gospel music through Thomas Dorsey 1899 to mid 1960,s
I have females backing on tambourines and claps and have hymn sheets that are available for the congregation to sing along too (I've made a QR code that they scan with phones upon arrival and instantly downloads songsheets)
It'll be fun ...oh happy day....😉🙏
Hopefully will get some video footage

Reactions: Tom
I'm playing a one hour set covering the history and evolution of gospel music through Thomas Dorsey 1899 to mid 1960,s
I have females backing on tambourines and claps and have hymn sheets that are available for the congregation to sing along too (I've made a QR code that they scan with phones upon arrival and instantly downloads songsheets)
Daaaang! Talk about mixing old and new!

Great rhythm! :)
Yep, tambos beat drum machines 😉
Terry was taking names and kicking butt!!! :D
What a great expression...I'll remember that with a smile 😀
Great work Terry! Did you have to guide them onto the off beat or did they do it naturally?
Was at a dance/swing festival, so most of congregation were dancers.... you'd be chucked out for clapping on the 1🙂 so I had an advantage

It was fun for sure and people really liked to be included....never had such a joyous reaction...

Last edited:
Back