• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Free bass on V-accordion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan

Reaction score
I share the goal expressed by others on the forum to present the accordion as a modern instrument, not limited to oom-pah styles. Since purchasing my Roland FR-1x, I have been working on a piece by Faltermeyer to explore some areas that were previously out of my reach. In particular, the freebass layout opens up new possibilities for arrangement, while the expansion packs and set editor for the V-Accordion have opened up new possibilities for orchestration. I am only a few months into this new stage of my journey; I hope listeners can see past my mistakes and better appreciate the accordion as a serious instrument.

:p

Hi Dan - I share your pain - this is a hard piece but you are well on the way with it and so much better to have the solo bass part proper than chords.
If it helps you refine further I attach the music for C system right and left hands. If notes are red it means use upper two repeater rows. Also its always easier ultimately (although counter-intuitive initially) for good articulation, speed and hand position to use a different finger where possible on a repeated note as marked.

Hope its of some help!

Ben

Attachments

• Faltermeyer - Axel F arr. BS.pdf
    135.6 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: dan
Nice!
Free bass is like having 2 accordions in your hands, but it requires to develop skills to use it.
Add to this all the sonic capabilities of the V-accordion and the possibilities are limitless.

Your welcome! Let me know how the fingering works for you. Once you get it under your fingers it should make it easier. LH is tricky!

if you polish this it will be awesome
Thanks! I wasn't sure anyone would appreciate this tune, or the saw wave patch that inspired me to learn it.
Free bass is like having 2 accordions in your hands, but it requires to develop skills to use it.
Yeah, I'm lacking some of those skills. I struggle with hand independence and am very slow at reading bass clef. Playing a free bass or converter accordion had never crossed my mind until I got the Roland. But even if my talents are limited to a bass solo here and there, free bass ought to add some variety to my playing! As a CBA player, I am finding that bass runs of more than a few notes are easier to learn on free bass than Stradella system, and it's not limited to one octave.
Add to this all the sonic capabilities of the V-accordion and the possibilities are limitless.
Yes! On the 1x, 3x, and 7x models, there are over 100 "orchestra" sounds that can be applied to free bass, chord buttons, or bass buttons, in any octave. The editor software is cumbersome, but it's been fun to experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back