• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Excelsior Symphony

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireSpirit

Reaction score
Hello Guys! Someone have this model? My questions is: It's a good accordion? This model really have 6 voices in the bass? What is the sixth voice? (besides the soprano, tenor ...) it's better?

The bass registers have a symbol or a names? I have a sheet that needs to have the record "Viola" (photo) and this link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stradella_bass_system#Register_switches does not have this register.
This lightning symbol is original?
índice2.jpgíndice.jpg

The Fifth one from the bottom. (Tenor will work)
That lightning bolt was inslalled on models that came with factory mic's.

Last edited:
The Fifth one from the bottom. (Tenor will work)
That lightning bolt was inslalled on models that came with factory mic's.

Thanks for your reply!
This sixth reed, is a repetitive reed?
It's a good accordion? What your oppinion?
You know what is this wood?Screenshot_20201010-211843~2.png

It’s an excellent accordion. One of the best ever made in my opinion. That wood is the mute chamber. The windows open and close by the switch by the keyboard.
I’m seeing those mics (lightening bolt) under the grill and I’m not sure if those are factory or not. Maybe Jim knows?

It’s an excellent accordion. One of the best ever made in my opinion. That wood is the mute chamber. The windows open and close by the switch by the keyboard.
I’m seeing those mics (lightening bolt) under the grill and I’m not sure if those are factory or not. Maybe Jim knows?
Thanks for your reply!
No, The older owner put this microphone called AZS
I would like to change that cloth underneath the grill but these mics hinder me

The mikes are not original. The original setup was 3 crystal mic's on the interior of the grill and 2 pot's for Treble & 2 pot's for Bass.
The Bass & Treble had two pot's each, 1 for volume & 1 for tone.
Your Sordina is laminated beech with a mahogany veneer. The Sordina slide is a thin bakelite plate.

Yes, your right. I remember the volume and tone knobs.
Ffor the grill cloth you will need to remove the mics and then reglue then on. Make sure they work first, or if you are going to place different ones no big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back