• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

European accordion teachers guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
addendum
http://www.modernaccordionperspecti...European_Cooperation,_by_Vincent_Lhermet.html

quoting the author of this article:
There has been progress as a result of this free circulation: accordion is now taught at the Master of Music level (or equivalent) in more than 50 academies in Europe (EU and Schengen), and in several countries there has been a remarkable innovation in the field of accordion pedagogy as well as a rapid expansion of the repertoire. This progress notwithstanding, the lack of institutionalized cooperation among accordionists prevents the development of communication between academic institutions and their students. The sharing of information, experiences and cultures would be profitable for everyone: accordion playing would continue to strengthen its position on the world stage while continuing to bring together artistic and innovative talents from different generations and countries.
I sincerely hope that this publication proposed by Claudio Jacomucci will encourage the creation of a new European Accordion Cooperation or Association as a network for the exchange of ideas and further development of the accordion and its place in the music world.

bulls-eye !
The lack of of institutionalized cooperation among accordionists prevents the development of communication between academic institutions and their students. ...

Have the impression the new generation of accordion teachers are full of energy and have a positive attitude to international communication about accordion teaching and pedagogy.
In some countries they organise accordion courses for very young accordion starters.
I like that positive attitude and the focus on accordion education for the youngest, foreseeing views on accordion education. The children are the future of the accordion community and ... the accordion makers industry.

The past, the present and the future of accordion, ... all tied together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back