• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

European Accordion Gatherings anyone??

Reaction score
I've seen a lot of US Accordion Gatherings on here, but not any Europe ones. Do they exist?? Any recommendations and details would be massively appreciated.

I mean camp style workshops, learning, participating and playing together over a period, not like Accordion festivals where you watch artists who have been booked to play.

I'm based in Portugal but willing to travel almost anywhere in Europe to attend something like this!

Josefa

There's been a few on YouTube from pre-Covid times🙂
Here's something for 2023🤔
It may be more productive to search by country.
For example, Ireland:

Last edited:
Wazemmes accordion festival in Lille. Run by an organisation called "Flonflons". Details on facebook.

Good call losthobos.
The nuits de nacre is held over 3 day about the beginning of July.
There is a river running through the centre of the town which has boats cruising up and down with accordeonists playing late into the evening.
It is always jam packed and vehicular traffic is prohibited from the area

several years ago there was an accordion study program in the Italian Dolomites north of Venice. The location is breath-taking and it was a week of performances and teaching by the top accordionists in the world. I haven’t checked to see if it is still on but it was run by a well-known player with the last name Soave.

Back