• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Electronic metronome

Status
Not open for further replies.

colinm

Reaction score
Can anyone reccomend an electronic metronome, my mechanical one is not loud enough, cannot be a software one because i need to use it at the same time as skyping

Thanks
Cm

Eddy Yates said:
CM,
Pretty much any metronome Seiko makes will be good. I’ve had a Seiko DM40 for 25 years of hard use, dropping it and carrying it all over the world and never a mishap.They don’t make that model anymore but they have several others like it. This one seems very similar.

https://www.amazon.com/Seiko-DM50-Compact-Metronome-Blue/dp/B000B5MU4I

A lot of my friends have this one. Just a simple metronome.
https://www.metronomes.net/SeikoSq44.htm

Thanks Eddy, is the volume good?
Cm

>> cannot be a software one because i need to use it at the same time as skyping....

Why not? I have a few old cell phones for applications that don't need access to the outside world.

colinm said:
Eddy Yates said:
CM,
Pretty much any metronome Seiko makes will be good. I’ve had a Seiko DM40 for 25 years of hard use, dropping it and carrying it all over the world and never a mishap.They don’t make that model anymore but they have several others like it. This one seems very similar.

https://www.amazon.com/Seiko-DM50-Compact-Metronome-Blue/dp/B000B5MU4I

A lot of my friends have this one. Just a simple metronome.
https://www.metronomes.net/SeikoSq44.htm

Thanks Eddy, is the volume good?
Cm
Yes, if you're not playing heavy metal drums or guitar!

pentaprism said:
>> cannot be a software one because i need to use it at the same time as skyping....

Why not? I have a few old cell phones for applications that don't need access to the outside world.
Pentaprism

I cannot find a cellphone that is sufficiently loud
Cm

try a clip on metronome

you can hook it on your straps near your face/ears

alternatively, you could learn to rely more on the visual cue instead of the click

jozz said:
try a clip on metronome

alternatively, you could learn to rely more on the visual cue instead of the click

Jazz
Clip on metronome, good idea, i will look for one, can you recommend one,

I can see a conductor waving his arms, but my mechanical metronome is relatively small and visually confusing when time is 3/4 or 4/4 and i also find it difficult to read the music ,play, and watch the metronome, whereas i can play, read the music and hear the metronome but i cannot always hear the bell on the first beat, thats with it stood near to my ear. Hope that explains my problem.
Cm

colinm said:
jozz said:
try a clip on metronome

Jazz
Clip on metronome, good idea, i will look for one, can you recommend one,

I can see a conductor waving his arms, but my mechanical metronome is relatively small and visually confusing when time is 3/4 or 4/4 and i also find it difficult to read the music ,play, and watch the metronome, whereas i can play, read the music and hear the metronome but i cannot always hear the bell on the first beat, thats with it stood near to my ear. Hope that explains my problem.
Cm

I have a Korg myself but a friend has the Seiko DM-51 and that is very simple but user-friendly. It's really small but plenty loud. I't also very cheap. I would not stick it near my ears at full volume but if that's what you need you could do it on a strap.

Years ago I purchased a Korg KDM-2 that I like a lot. It is loud enough, but it looks like they don’t make the 2 anymore but the 3 looks good.

fjsys said:
Years ago I purchased a Korg KDM-2 that I like a lot. It is loud enough, but it looks like they don’t make the 2 anymore but the 3 looks good.

Fjsys
Thanks, i have ordered an MA2
Cm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back