• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Does anybody recognise this lovely couple..?

bakdraft

Reaction score
IMG_4133.jpg

Hello everyone, a Newbie here. I am new to accordions, well sort of new. I am curious to know if anybody know the lovely couple above. They are my Aunt and Uncle... their passion for Accordions unrivealled and here in the Northwest of England people knew of them..
I was hoping to see if anybody new of any stories about them..

Dave

Last edited:
Are there accordion clubs in the town they came from? You might ask there, too?

Welcome Dave!

Thanks for replying,

It turns out that these where the Klavichords. They were my Uncle and Aunt who recently passed away. They lived in Maghull, which for those who do not know, is Near Liverpool.

They really loved playing and did a lot of charity works. I will miss them.

I have inherited 8 of their Accordions, some very sophisticated with the full midi output and interfaces.

I can post pictures of them, and wondered if anyone was interested in them?

Attachments

• IMG_4125.jpg
    IMG_4125.jpg
    489.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4132.jpg
    IMG_4132.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4137.jpg
    IMG_4137.jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 15
Welcome Dave. I don't know them, but I presume your Aunt's name was "Leona". Did they ever make any recordings?

Her name was indeed Leona. How did you find that out? I think I have a few recordings from them on a CD and cassette tape. Leo was an amazing lady.She kept a diary everyday of he life from about 8 years old (starting during the 2nd world war)

They played with sheet music that went vertically down the page in columns.She told me what it was called but I cannot remember now.

Dave

The top photo of your aunt's accordion is confusing a little to me. The accordion brand is highlighted as Zero Sette yet the electronics clearly are from Elkavox (SEM, just like they are wearing in the 3rd photo at the top page). Those were the days that everyone was swapping and sharing to survive, so who knows... lol

These accordions required an extra box and foot pedal to work properly (Tone Generator and brand specific foot pedal). If you do not have them OR worse, do have them and they don't work, this really cut the value of these accordions. By now (50+ years later) I would say that 99% of them are either dead or need some serious work.

Don't ask how I know... lol

Back