• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Does anybody know this tune?

Since there is no activity on this thread it either really is a very unknown piece or the thread just got buried under a huge pile of new ones.
Therefore I dare to update it to put it on top of the "new posts" stack and hope I'm not getting beaten up by doing so.
I'm hoping on increased activity around new years time and there's somebody who recognises the piece and can help me with any information (track name, composer, who's playing it?,...).

Happy new year to the whole community - may it be full of music and peace for all of you.

Attachments

• Akkordeon Bravourstück.mp3.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
It kind of sounds like an offshoot of the theme from”The Green Hornet” in many ways.

Thank you Jerry

Agree there is some similarity especially in the beginning.
Though I'd say this hornet beast seems a reincarnation from a bumblebee flying around earlier. :D

Al Hirt had a great sound !

played Java a million times with my Trumpet player Dick Sowell
and my accordion
and my MIDI
and my Roland

have a Bert Kaempfert tune i do around Weihnachten too..
dunno the name.. heard it on Radio Regenbogen ..

love hitting or hearing a good Trumpet riff

worked with a Ficonina player for a long time too.. those
cool rotary valve jobs can hit unreal high notes

It's my guess that it's from the soundtrack of some animated movie like this one:

I've also found some Tom&Jerry chase ("Tee for two") with similar Rimsky-Korsakov inspired soundtrack. There also was some Bumblebee Boogie and stuff like that. All not your track but very much in kind. Try spending an hour on cartoon chases...

have a Bert Kaempfert tune i do around Weihnachten too..
dunno the name.. heard it on Radio Regenbogen ..
Aah - Bert is a classic.
Do you mean this one by coincidence: Yes great trumpet solo by Charly Tabor :D

nope.. was something else

it just caught my ear and i kept humming it till i could play it

his sound was distinctive !

Back