• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Digital Accordions - Excalibur ELX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike K

Reaction score
just saw one of these for sale.....Everyone talks about Roland. Never heard anyone talking about Excalibur, is it similar or totally different concept. Sounds like it has build in sounds, has bellows expressions but also have reeds. Does that make it a MIDI accordion instead of a digital. Anyone experienced with these....good or bad comments?

The Excalibur ELX Real Digital Accordion Ultralight Acoustic Digital Accordion is a Hallmark of Excalibur Innovation.
New UD Ultimate Dynamic Bellow Expression System offers complete control of Digital Accordion Instrment Sounds.
New LCD TFT 3.5 inch Touch Screen Color Display is intelligently located for easy operation.
Full World Accordion Sound Engine offers you the very Best in Accordion sounds from all over the world.
In all over 278 instrumental Sounds Built into the Accordion.
USB Thumb Drive for Sound Combination Saving and Midi File Playing (Play Along with Pre Recorded Midi File or MP3 file with Touch of the Button). Connect with USB PC Connect/Midi in USB Prot for PC Notation and other Digital Recording.
The Excalibur Crown ELX is equipped with a Volume Pedal and an Optional Extra Programmable 4 Way Floor Foot Switch.

Thank's Mike:
It's another name to add to ED's (soulsaver) "MADE IN CHINA" list.

I believe the "Excalibur" name plate is owned by Jim Laabs music store out of Stevens Point, Wisconsin. It is attached to their Chinese imported accordions which are in all probability no better or worse than others made in China regardless of whether the accordion has Italian reeds or not.
Some sellers like to tout the Italian made reeds option in their imported accordion line since it lends some kind of credence to the quality but I suspect the reeds would be export quality at best . Then we have to wonder about the tuning. Many of these imports are in the sub $1K price range so you can imagine how much attention is paid to the final tuning.
Anyway , if you check out the Jim Laabs store reviews and complaints you would no doubt be hesitant to do business with them. They are among the worse I`ve seen.

Nothing much unknown there... it's a Chinese accordion with a standard MusicTech MIDI system from the little that I saw online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back