• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Curious soprani

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

goldtopia

I came across this curious soprani accordion on eBay which has seven rows of buttons instead of six. What is the seventh row for, also there are what looks like keys above the treble keys, what are are they ? It belonged to someones Grandad so is probably pre 1950. Does anyone know anything about it and is it a 4 or 5 voice? Im guessing that the first three rows are fundamental single notes and the seventh row is diminished.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Paolo-sop..._MusicalInstr_Keyboard_RL&hash=item3cdb9a0d98

You are right about the bass-side. On the treble-side it is just a nice layout of the register-coupler. It is 4 voice. I once had one like this

Anders

Old accordions that look in really nice clean condition can still hide the need for lots of work.
This looks like it needs a good clean... so it will likely need a lot more. One you have to try before you buy?

I wonder if they do a 72 bass with an extra row making it an 84 bass (or similar). That extra row of fundamentals could be very useful.

Not seen one, Bill.... but if you've got the dosh they'd maybe make you one?

Hmm, yes, for a one off it would cost a pretty penny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back