• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

cajun accordion

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

accordian

just wondered does anyone here also play
cajun accordion? they sound great.

The typical Cajun accordion is a melodeon - a one-row diatonic box. I have seen Cajun music played on piano accordions, but they lack the 'punch' of the proper Cajun boxes!

Anyanka post_id=60916 time=1530976179 user_id=74 said:
The typical Cajun accordion is a melodeon - a one-row diatonic box. I have seen Cajun music played on piano accordions, but they lack the punch of the proper Cajun boxes!

indeed they lack the sound

I play a bit of cajun - on a Hohner HA114 - although I mostly play Irish trad with it. For cajun I primarily play fiddle.

accordian post_id=60921 time=1530982070 user_id=2458 said:
Anyanka post_id=60916 time=1530976179 user_id=74 said:
The typical Cajun accordion is a melodeon - a one-row diatonic box. I have seen Cajun music played on piano accordions, but they lack the punch of the proper Cajun boxes!

indeed they lack the sound
Fair enough, but you can have a lot of fun with the instrument you already play....
(And you can do it in different keys....)

Those involved are very definite that Cajun and Zydeco are NOT the same thing. The pianobox is pretty strong in Zydeco - viz Clifton Chenier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back