• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Palatino Cajun Accordion

allelopath

Reaction score
Seeking any information on this instrument. The only identifying mark is the "Palatino". No serial number. Nothing.

It sounds great (not that I know how to play it). Puts out a lot of sound for its size.
Photos here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CMdsu0Kzz0Rpzxz3Y5ZzvT96tJ3x7CKT?usp=share_link

Can you tell me:
Country of manufacture? (Not in the list of Chinese manufacturers in this forum)
Date of manufacture?
Key (C or B-flat)?
Anything else?

Interesting. Assuming it's the same 'Palatino' that produces budget stringed instruments. Note that these are well-known as compromised musical instruments, always needing extensive set-up work to make them playable. Don't know how this would evince in a box - I'm skeptical that it would be satisfactory, but I would like to be surprised.

I don't have any information on this accordion, but it appears that the springs are broken on seven of the buttons, and some clever person used thick rubber bands to get the pallets to return to their rest positions. Interesting, I wonder how well this works.

Back