• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Bugari Juniorfisa

Status
Not open for further replies.

MB1985

Reaction score
Good evening all.

I have been having difficulties in attaching photos of an accordion I am hoping to sell, the website tells me that the images are too big to upload. I am more than happy to email photos to anyone who is interested but I have a Bugari Juniorfisa button accordion for sale that was kindly passed down to me by my Grandfather. 

This link may work, it will hopefully take you to come photos of the accordion:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=UUJmWVgyUzhXSWJhXzZ6bDR4NzNjdkp2RHcwbTlB

I would welcome either any interested potential buyers to send me a message or if anyone is able to assist me in giving me some idea of what this instrument is worth, I would be ever so grateful. 

With kindest regards,

Carly

There are people on here who know a lot more about Bugari than me, from the photos looks like a 3 voice, so  say £600 to £1000, depends on condition and age, accordions are not selling well at present

colinm said:
There are people on here who know a lot more about Bugari than me, from the photos looks like a 3 voice, so  say £600 to £1000, depends on condition and age, accordions are not selling well at present

Many thanks for your reply, we are a little in the dark with this. A dealer we contacted suggested much more but then we have searched online and the prices for instruments like this are so varied.

Afraid it’s a bit like putting a value on a used car without seeing it. However, if you could provide a bit more info re the instrument it would help any prospective purchaser reach an informed decision as to their estimation of value. For instance, where and when bought and any servicing/maintenance carried out. Obviously, an accordion unplayed for several years and stored in poor conditions would require a fair bit of expense to restore it to good health.
Good luck.

Jibberin said:
Afraid it’s a bit like putting a value on a used car without seeing it.    However, if you could provide a bit more info re the instrument it would help any prospective purchaser reach an informed decision as to their estimation of value.   For instance,  where and when bought and any servicing/maintenance carried out.   Obviously, an accordion unplayed for several years and stored in poor conditions would require a fair bit of expense to restore it to good health.
Good luck.

Hello, thank you very much for your reply. 
This instrument was left to me by my grandfather, who my Nan believes bought it in around 2013 as a retirement project to learn to play. It’s in very good condition and unfortunately due to ill health, had not been used much at all and has largely been left in its case. It was bought new from Accordions of London we believe. 
Many thanks again.

Best just take a gamble and list on fleabay with a £600 start price and cross your fingers...
Its a 96bass, 3 voice LMM, B system Chromatic Accordion
Bugari are great craftsmen but this is their bottom range model... And unfortunately C system is more popular here than B system but you may be lucky
Best wishes and hope that helps

Prices for a 3 voice LMM chromatic accordion are all over the place because the market is swamped with such instruments varying from a reputable brand (like Bugari) and only a few years old to lesser known brands and 50 to 70 years old. This is a bit of a "beginner instrument" and many beginners do not care too much about age and condition of an accordion as long as it appears to play well. That does not help with the sale of a better and younger instrument.
We don't know how young (or old) the accordion is. Could be anywhere between almost new and 30 years old. But as it is passed down from your grandfather you should know roughly when he started playing this instrument, and assuming he bought it new that tells us the age... A Bugari normally also comes with a "certificate" stating year and model number.

Thank you very much. This is useful information said:
Best just take a gamble and list on fleabay with a £600 start price and cross your fingers...
Its a 96bass, 3 voice LMM, B system Chromatic Accordion
Bugari are great craftsmen but this is their bottom range model... And unfortunately C system is more popular here than B system but you may be lucky
Best wishes and hope that helps

debra said:
Prices for a 3 voice LMM chromatic accordion are all over the place because the market is swamped with such instruments varying from a reputable brand (like Bugari) and only a few years old to lesser known brands and 50 to 70 years old. This is a bit of a "beginner instrument" and many beginners do not care too much about age and condition of an accordion as long as it appears to play well. That does not help with the sale of a better and younger instrument.
We don't know how young (or old) the accordion is. Could be anywhere between almost new and 30 years old. But as it is passed down from your grandfather you should know roughly when he started playing this instrument, and assuming he bought it new that tells us the age... A Bugari normally also comes with a "certificate" stating year and model number.

Thank you very much for your reply, all of this information is so helpful to me. 
We believe that my Grandfather bought the instrument around 2010 and he bought it new. He bought it to learn to play it when he retired but due to ill health, this didn’t really happen and it’s been kept largely in its case.

MB1985 said:
Thank you very much for your reply, all of this information is so helpful to me. 
We believe that my Grandfather bought the instrument around 2010 and he bought it new. He bought it to learn to play it when he retired but due to ill health, this didn’t really happen and it’s been kept largely in its case.

Given age and condition you should definitely be able to over 1.000 for it.  Some time ago there was a 96 bass Juniorfisa CBA on a Belgian on-line used-products marketplace listed for € 1.880 and "The Accordion Shop" has a used one (same model and also B system) for sale for £1995. That price may be a bit steep (shop is of course trying to make some profit on it), but these prices should put things into perspective.
A lot of people on this board play PA and a CBA is always a bit more expensive, but also offers more. Such a 96 bass Juniorfisa CBA offers 41 treble notes, whereas a similar PA offers no more than 37.

Hello Carly,

Perhaps you haven't considered it, but you do have another option.

It may be nice if you were to learn to play yourself. This would be a fitting tribute to your Grandfather, and would win you the admiration of all our members. Think about it.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.

debra said:
MB1985 said:
This is so very helpful, thank you. We were so unsure about this instrument but your knowledge and advice has helped no end. :)

Given age and condition you should definitely be able to over 1.000 for it.  Some time ago there was a 96 bass Juniorfisa CBA on a Belgian on-line used-products marketplace listed for € 1.880 and "The Accordion Shop" has a used one (same model and also B system) for sale for £1995. That price may be a bit steep (shop is of course trying to make some profit on it), but these prices should put things into perspective.
A lot of people on this board play PA and a CBA is always a bit more expensive, but also offers more. Such a 96 bass Juniorfisa CBA offers 41 treble notes, whereas a similar PA offers no more than 37.

Hello Carly,

I still believe that my earlier suggestion has merit, but accept the fact that you obviously do not.

The Bugari is a nice instrument, which I think should easily find a market. I played one a couple of years ago, and was impressed by its tonal quality.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.

Stephen Hawkins said:
Hello Carly,

I still believe that my earlier suggestion has merit, but accept the fact that you obviously do not.  

The Bugari is a nice instrument, which I think should easily find a market.  I played one a couple of years ago, and was impressed by its tonal quality.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.
Hi Stephen,

I am not at all musical in any way unfortunately! I am sure that there are far more talented people out there who would be able to make a wonderful sound with it. :)

Thank you for taking the time to reply, your input is really appreciated. 

Kind regards

Carly

CBA's are not popular here in the US but in good shape should fetch from $2000.00 to $2500.00 USD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back