• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Bugari 540 ARS/C for sale

Wow, that's a belter of an accordion @saundersbp. It has all the qualities I would want in an instrument; it's compact and relatively light (very light by chromatic converter standards), plus it has a full 4 octaves on each side. A "complete" instrument without all the unwanted bulk and weight. A great instrument for those with a long term view.

It's a great compact instrument. My wife has been playing a 540/ARS/C for several years now. She loves it! It is very light to the touch (the lightest keyboard of all our accordions) and it has very powerful sound (which people often find hard to believe from such a compact instrument).
My initial plan was to play this accordion myself, but when we got it (bought through an auction) it turned out to be a bit small for me and just the right size for my wife...

I'm not a CBA - just a Bugari player.
I can second their excellent sound, handling an overall quality.

My wife plays one and enjoys it very much. It is a compact marvel of engineering to get this much into such a small box. (4 voice treble, 52 notes, LM in cassotto), left hand with 49 notes melody bass (LM)...
Of course many people will consider it very expensive for a "small accordion", but it is really a large accordion compressed into a small box.

@saundersbp
Wow , I've just listened to that recording, wonderful....justifies the price....alas out of my league in both playing capability and cash .... you could regret selling this one😉

@saundersbp
Wow , I've just listened to that recording, wonderful....justifies the price....alas out of my league in both playing capability and cash .... you could regret selling this one😉
He bought a Bugari 580/ARS/C... one league higher. So unlikely to have any regrets.

Back