• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Bugari-Evo stuck key and software issue

John K

Reaction score
I currently have a Bugari -Evo Haria PA41 digital V accordion that I purchased new from Petosa Accordions in December of 2021. Unfortunately for me, I experienced a severe medical issue that has prevented me from even taking it out of the box until a couple of days ago. So far as I am learning the functions, everything appears to be working okay except the low C key on the right hand appears not to be releasing properly/sticking 50% of the time causing the note sound to continue to play. If I gently lift the edge of the key from the resting keyboard pad, the sound stops. It is probably a contact/spring issue. Does anyone have any suggestions that I can try to resolve this besides sending it back to Petosa for repair because they are on the West coast and I live in CT. It does not appear that there is an easy way to get at the contacts/springs. Unfortunately, the warranty has lapsed. I will continue checking out the instrument for any other possible problems.

My second question is that it appears it has the original software installed and I was wondering what the latest software revision should be?

Thanks in advance for all responses.

John K

If it is releasing properly 50% of the time, hold it to the left, and lift it up and down say 10 times, if that makes it better keep doing it, if that does not make it better , hold it to the right and lift it up and down 10 times, if that does not make it better then you have to try something else

My second question is that it appears it has the original software installed and I was wondering what the latest software revision should be?
I don't believe that the EVO ever got past it's 1st and only software version... so, any update on this?

Back