• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Bellows Strap

CuDragon

Reaction score
Hello,
I am new here, I purchased a supertone 120 bass accordion recently and I am curious where to get parts for the instrument currently I need a bellows strap for the bottom part bellows. What is a good resource to find such a part?

Thanks

Hi CuDragon and welcome!🙂
I suggest you simply Google "accordion bellows straps for sale near me ".
You should have plenty of hits regarding outlets, as well as instructions regarding how to measure up for the required length (very important!)🙂
A sample of what comes up:

Last edited:
I get all the (special accordion) parts I need from Carini in Castelfidardo: carinidena.com (or carinidena.it).
But if all you need is just a bellows strap, a local accordion store or repairer may have just what you need.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I did some Google searching but all the bellows straps have buttons. Mine does not.

Attachments

• IMG20220622133006.jpg
    IMG20220622133006.jpg
    312.5 KB · Views: 12
Thanks for the replies everyone. I did some Google searching but all the bellows straps have buttons. Mine does not.
Looks like any repairer for leather things (like luggage, belts, etc. can easily make you something like what you have.

Hi CuDragon,
The strap you show in your picture is damaged/the stitching is faulty.
You need two new straps.
You can choose two new straps of the same kind ie. ones which simply hook over a screw OR
you could renew/upgrade with straps with more modern push button fixings.
In the US of A I cannot believe that either are not available.
You can see some examples of what is available at this site (CGM musical services) if you get stuck with USA suppliers Charlie at CGM will
send items to any destination.

Thank you everyone for the replies. I've found a local accordion repair shop in my area. I am going to take it to them to see what needs repair

Back