• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Hohner Arietta bellows strap studs

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nathen

On my Arietta, when you unclip the bellows strap and turn them around to the treble side there's no stud to clip them on to. This is ok for the top one to just lie on top, but the bottom one just hangs down. To me this just doesn't look right. Has anyone else dealt with this and have any ideas? If it was a solid leather strap it would stay horizontal, but it's a flexible chain strap.

It's the first Hohner I've come across that doesn't have studs to attach loose bellows straps to. It seems odd to just leave a strap hanging down. Maybe I should change them to solid leather straps.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Nathen

You can buy the studs & fit them yourself....

Thanks Soulsaver.

I'm wondering if it's possible to buy just the studs apart from the straps. I suppose Charlie Marshall would be the guy to ask.

There was a thread last year on Ariettas, 'I am at the end of my tether' by Tiogair, Jul 3. where there were a number of interesting pics of the different models of the Arietta IM, which came after the plain Arietta that I have (1953-1954), and I see they all have solid leather straps and studs. I must say I do like the simple black grill on mine.

It is a lovely light box to play with that classic Hohner sound. I really love playing it.

Nathen

You can - & Charlie will help but postage will add to your cost. Frank Romano stocks them but unlikey to sell you in one/2 qty.
JimD may, if he's got your size, failing that google for a local solution... or ebay. You should find them.

On my Hohner Student, the chain-like straps could be clipped to themselves, I think - i.e. to the button that fastened them to the accordion.

You're right Anyanka, they do clip onto the retaining clip. Problem solved! Thanks for that.

Nathen

I dunno why I didn't remember that Anyanka, especially talking to you Nathen, 'cos that's what I do with my Carmen's 'chainmail' stops. Doh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back