• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Beautiful Wooden Accordions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well ... for every type of musical instrument I can think of, there are makers who ascribe musical properties to materials, and those makers will sure tell you about it. That raises an awkward dimension to the question - if you're a doubter, then wouldn't you say that's fraudulent? But I don't think we have to go there. Makers are no different than anyone else. As there are people who are convinced they can hear the difference between instruments depending on materials, some of those people will be those who make the instruments.

For me, as long as this just reflects a craftsman's obsession with squeezing the last drop of perfection out of the possibilities, then it's probably money well spent even if the engineering principles are dubious, and I think that accounts for the instruments we've been talking about here. It would be unfortunate, though, if Pigini were to be so sold on their ideas about materials that it made sense to buy the choicest palisander etc. and then have the instruments assembled in low cost factories in the orient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back