• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Bass note vibration

bamboozlem

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I posted earlier about corrosion on the metal corners of the bellows on the used Hohner Arietta IM I purchased.
Using a non abrasive scouring pad and Brasso metal polish, I did what I could in terms of cleaning it.

After I cleaned it, however, I did notice there is quite a lot of vibration playing some of the bass notes and I am 99% sure it didn't have that going on before. It's quite distracting.
Wondering if this does indeed sound like a problem?

Thanks for any advice!

Yes I already answered. Please don't double post. It spreads partial the info over more areas, making things harder to find. Have patience , please... remember this is an international board and day time may be night time for some of the people that have the answers.

As a matter of fact, if you go back and look, there are many posts there that you missed.

bamboozlem: The 'vibrating' bass notes are unlikely to have anything to do with bellows corners. Your accordion is old and your recent playing it has probably allowed the first fresh air into the the interior in a long time. The valves, among other things, will react to this and likely not function properly. 'Vibrating' bass notes are common in instruments needing attention. At this distance I don't know what your accordion needs. However it will be your decision alone if you want to spend on it.

Yes I already answered. Please don't double post. It spreads partial the info over more areas, making things harder to find. Have patience , please... remember this is an international board and day time may be night time for some of the people that have the answers.

As a matter of fact, if you go back and look, there are many posts there that you missed.

Sorry, I wasn't sure if this would be considered a separate issue to the original post, and needed a post if it's own.

Back