• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

bass mechanism advice - pancotti pa

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smdc66

i was looking at this and noticed some protruding pins stay pressed down when certain bass button pressed and dont return unless pushed back up with your finger

i notice generally that when you depress a bass button, via little protruding tiny rods on bass rod, certain levers get depressed and return like via a spring - these release the air valve

it appears to be f, d, b flat on 4th row

f, c , b flat 3rd row

and on the bottom of bass mechanism near valves there are long rods that are brass looking and notice it appears to be the 3rd one down that doesnt move so free

is this a fault and if so what would it affect :?:

if so what would it affect

After time your Bass machine has developed some corrosion and accumulated some dirt or debris. A cleaning is in order -- any pic's ????

sorry about pic quality as i only have a cheap camera

Attachments

• bass mechanism pancotti 002.JPG
    bass mechanism pancotti 002.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 809
  • bass mechanism pancotti 003.JPG
    bass mechanism pancotti 003.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 809
  • bass mechanism pancotti 004.JPG
    bass mechanism pancotti 004.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 810
  • bass mechanism pancotti 005.JPG
    bass mechanism pancotti 005.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 810
  • bass mechanism pancotti 007.JPG
    bass mechanism pancotti 007.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 810
This is a very clean bass machine for its age and corrosion is not your problem here. I can't see from the pic's but you will find that one of the horizontal rods that have pins to open a valve have slipped and will not lift the valve arm. JIM D.

oh are the rods those shiny brass coloured long rods - i noticed the 3rd one down from the top has little rotation movement

all the valves open ok but i suppose i dont know how many should open and which ones when a button depressed

does its fix involve removing the rods etc

also how would it affect the playability if left unfixed

As I posted earlier this rod is not lifting the valve rod. Or has slipped the pin to lift it. If the rod is stuck down the valve will remain open and sound a reed or reeds. If it has slipped the pin and its hangings loose and will not sound any reeds. JIM D.---P.S look carefully as one of these rods have slipped and is on top of the valve rod and should be under it to raise it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back