• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Anyone playing for/to the eclipse?

Tom

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And if so, what are you going to play? How about “Here Comes the Sun?”

Let’s do it!!!! I’m in!!! Post a photo!

I think we're in line for a very small partial eclipse lasting about five minutes here in Wales. But as I haven't seen any sun all day I don't expect to notice.

Enjoy the totality, those who see it. I recall a near-total one some years ago, a very interesting experience. All the birds stopped singing and the drop in temperature was surprising.

I'll give it a tune anyway but I think probably Stormy Weather is a better choice this side of the pond.

The clouds have cleared away here. Yea!!!! We’ll see soon. I’m playing Train to Vercelli with my beautiful and effective solar eclipse hat…. 🪗🔜🌚🪖🚞

Can’t see the eclipse with this phone camera but it was there! And I played my accordion to it, so I am safe from the evil eye for another year. Hmmm, I should have played Ho Detto al Sole.

IMG_8012.jpeg

I can do "Here Comes the Sun in the key of B flat. I'd have to brush up on it. I only ever made my own arrangement by ear.

My favorite Beatles tune!

I'd intended to play "Twilight Time" as the sun fully disappeared behind the moon, but we had hosted a eclipse party and several wanted to adjourn to a church parking lot minutes before the event. I packed up chairs rather the accordion.

I think the sun liked us. She came back out!

Can’t see the eclipse with this phone camera but it was there! And I played my accordion to it, so I am safe from the evil eye for another year. Hmmm, I should have played Ho Detto al Sole.

IMG_8012.jpeg

Super cool pic Tom... seems you're at one with nature and the old, country ways... you even blend well with the colours of Door County; the natural woodland tones and the sky. I particularly like your splendid accordion - those mother of pearl keys are in silvery harmony with the clouds.

Having listened to your playing recently I can hear echoes of the old country in your music... fine work buddy, and a fine Harris Tweed bunnet too.​

Super cool pic Tom... seems you're at one with nature and the old, country ways... you even blend well with the colours of Door County; the natural woodland tones and the sky. I particularly like your splendid accordion - those mother of pearl keys are in silvery harmony with the clouds.

Having listened to your playing recently I can hear echoes of the old country in your music... fine work buddy, and a fine Harris Tweed bunnet too.​
Thanks Stewart!!!! It’s definitely my go to accordion. Even though it’s got a few tuning issues and now I notice one reed is growling pretty good. I guess it will work for my “rustic” tunes!

Not this eclipse, but on the previous one, we brought along a copy of Mel Torme's Swingin' on the Moon album to listen to on the drive there. The whole album is moon-themed: Blue Moon, Moonlight in Vermont, How High the Moon, Moonlight Cocktail, etc. Good stuff!

Reactions: Tom
Back