• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Another Tejano Documentary...

Tom

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Screenshot_20230428-102852_Opera.jpg

This time of year I spend a lot of my time organizing my yard and gardens. I like to listen to something (in addition to music). Hence, accordion related documentaries.

Here's another great one on Tejano music, which heavily relies in the Hohner (or now Gabbinelli or Dino Baffetti) diatonic button accordion (never called a melodious here).

So, this might not be your cup of tequila, but yeah, check it out:

Thanks for that link, Tom. Definitely my coup of Tequila! These docs keep turning up even tho I've searched endlessly. This time of year has a hold of me as well. Time to get things done once the snows gone and before it gets into the 90's. I've been neglecting Dino lately, but with temperatures rising I'll soon be back at it (practicing, that is). I keep a collection of quotes I like and, because of this vid, here's the latest: "You just touch the right buttons...and it comes out..."
Mingo Saldivar
(It should be so easy!)
BTW; What is a melodious. Some kind of accordion?

Thanks for that link, Tom. Definitely my coup of Tequila! These docs keep turning up even tho I've searched endlessly. This time of year has a hold of me as well. Time to get things done once the snows gone and before it gets into the 90's. I've been neglecting Dino lately, but with temperatures rising I'll soon be back at it (practicing, that is). I keep a collection of quotes I like and, because of this vid, here's the latest: "You just touch the right buttons...and it comes out..."
Mingo Saldivar
(It should be so easy!)
BTW; What is a melodious. Some kind of accordion?
Cool! Glad to hear you liked it Stewart. Yeah, this time of year I hardly keep up with my accordion playing. So much to do (including jacking up my friend's house which is still ongoing. Got 2 beams in so far.) I will have to watch again later to check the "melodious." Could they have meant "melodeon?" The British word for diatonic button acvordion?

Back