• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

"Aeriloquy" Original tune recorded in a studio

CC_PDX

Site Supporter
Reaction score
I booked some time at a local studio back in October and just told the engineer to keep the recording going while I played a relatively random assortment of music for a couple hours.

I'm finally sifting through the results and took the opportunity to practice some of my video editing skills. This is a short theme I came up with years ago for use in a film and decided to revisit it on the box. I posted more about the microphones / placement in another thread for anyone interested

Sounds nice. I wonder why the mics are placed quite high compared to where the sound comes out on the accordion.
Probably to keep them out of the frame in a head on shot... and why is he doing it? Likely because he can get away with it in that room's acoustics without a big loss in quality. :)

Probably to keep them out of the frame in a head on shot... and why is he doing it? Likely because he can get away with it in that room's acoustics without a big loss in quality. :)
That studio room is two stories high and is pretty big overall. The owner/engineer had only recorded one accordion prior to this, so could have been a case of fresh eyes, calculating reasoning or he was winging it.

That studio room is two stories high and is pretty big overall. The owner/engineer had only recorded one accordion prior to this, so could have been a case of fresh eyes, calculating reasoning or he was winging it.
Right, but it is still close enough that there is no room "presence" in the recording... I don't think he was winging it. :)

Back