• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

"Es ist ein Ros entsprungen" by Michael Praetorius, original choral arrangement on free bass

"A spotless Rose is blooming"... A beautiful German hymn and carol for Mary. Sounds great on the accordion too.

I'd like to learn Praetorius' melody/setting.

Good work dak!

Reactions: dak
Well, here it is. Top variant splits 4-part two and two between hands (free bass), second variant is an attempt at using standard bass for one voice and the right hand for the other three voices. The latter variant doesn't really work I guess, since alto and tenor have too much of an overlap. Probably also too much of a stretch in case you are PA player.

You can easily find choral scores on the net, but personally I am not cross-eyed enough to play right off those without extra effort, and I need all my extra effort for managing my fingers. So I typed it off.

Attachments

• ros.pdf
    140 KB · Views: 11
Thank you Dak, that's very kind of you. I look forward to giving it a try. Your recording shows me that the low two voices look quite comfortable on the MIII system. Well done!

"A spotless Rose is blooming"... A beautiful German hymn and carol for Mary.
Actually, for Jesus.

The second stanza(?) translates as "the rose I mean, spoken of by Isaiah, was brought to us alone by Mary, maid without blemish. True man and true God, helps us escape all suffering, saves from sin and death". So while Mary plays a part in that stanza, the main subject is Jesus as savior.

Last edited:
Back