• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Accordionist on fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
OMG. You must listen to this one. Amazing control and the bass is fantastico.

Its worth looking at other stuff om Marco Valentis stream. Makes you sick as a parrot with envy.

Right ...that's it.......I am just off into the back yard going to start that bonfire of old accordions that was mentioned on another thread :twisted: .............brilliant playing :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: as glenn says :mrgreen: with envy...... :lol:

yer and seems like he is not really trying that hard either :roll:

makes my simplified version of this song i am learning seem kindergarten level :roll:

maybe pick another song no one has heard of and simplify that i think {}

Don't forget we had/ have a day job.

Amazing what can be done with stadella bass,I hate these yoofs!

the disco lights are a bit :shock:

i've been thinking of something to criticise :twisted: :)

True, let's rubbish him due to his dress sense and the quality of the lights :)

Wow! He makes it look so easy! I'm working on the kindergarten version as well, and I cant even get through that without mistakes!

When I tell people I'm learning to play the accordion I hope they dont think I'll ever be able to do that kind of stuff!

Excellent playing and amazing technical control. Shame about the cheesy music (and the disco lights!)

Sorry to resurrect a very old post but does anyone know what accordion Marco valenti plays?

byMarco is an actual manufacturer in Stradella, everything made in Italy. And it would appear that they sponsor Mr. Valenti so the short and perhaps somewhat tongue in cheek answer would be "whatever he wants."

by Marco accordions (piano or chromatic button accordions) are made by Marco Cagiada from Stradella, Italy. Before he started for himself in 2000, he worked for Fratelli Crosio, Dallapè and Lucchini. [IT].

Amazing what you can find on the internet.

<FONT font=Garamond><SIZE size=125>This guy is really good!

True Glenn but it's much more fun to ask you guys because we all get little extra snippets of info.

I think Ive mentioned this before but the most interesting part of this is that Mr. Cagiada produces an hour and a half tv show every week focused on accordion players with interviews, letters from viewers, videos, etc and posts them all on youtube. As smdc posted I do not know if all of the components of the byMarco accordions are built in the workshop in Stradella or if some parts are sourced elsewhere in Italy but it is clear that they are well respected and played by some of the top players. If I had a few extra thousand laying around I would buy one, and I just might some day. Have any of you seen or played any in your time? Anyway, you can find the shows here, even though they are in Italian I find them fascinating and would be interested in similar efforts in English or anything that you know of.

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=fisarmonicando&sm=3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back