• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

1st Post, Introduction

MZ1

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've posted this in my profile today but thought it might be a good first post and possibly a thread starter.

I play the CBA C-system and live on the Moray Coast of Scotland.

I enjoy all sorts of music.....even if it includes the accordion!

I'm currently working up to being able to join in with the local session group, not quite there yet. More listening and wood shedding required.

Dabbled with Arabic tuning of the accordion (1/4 tones) under the tutelage of Elias Lammam who was my neighbour and friend before I returned to Scotland in 2018.

When I asked my father why he decided to take up the accordion he said "when you have an accordion you have a party!"

Looking forward to participating and learning in this group.

Marc

Hi everyone,

I've posted this in my profile today but thought it might be a good first post and possibly a thread starter.

I play the CBA C-system and live on the Moray Coast of Scotland.

I enjoy all sorts of music.....even if it includes the accordion!

I'm currently working up to being able to join in with the local session group, not quite there yet. More listening and wood shedding required.

Dabbled with Arabic tuning of the accordion (1/4 tones) under the tutelage of Elias Lammam who was my neighbour and friend before I returned to Scotland in 2018.

When I asked my father why he decided to take up the accordion he said "when you have an accordion you have a party!"

Looking forward to participating and learning in this group.

Marc
I like your father, he sounds like a very wise man. I have taken my accordion to many parties and usually get overwhelmingly positive feedback like "this was the best time for me " especially from people who don't usually hear accordion at smaller events. The accordion is a happy instrument and in the right hands can evoke joy!

Welcome....bless your father too...I like his sentiment and sensibility

Welcome MZ!

Back