• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Yilin Hann on button accordion

Walker

🪗
Reaction score
I really enjoy listening to understated and elegant music on the accordion.

I think the musicianship of Yilin Hann is just sublime.

Also, the compact Pigini CBA fits the performer's stature and has an unbelievably flexible range of notes. The tone quality of the instrument is 1st class.

Well micahcowan, it is indeed a 64 note button accordion and not a "reduced" model. However, my comments were concerning the nature of button accordions, as they are very compact when considering their large compass of notes. Sure, a church organ or grand piano will have a larger compass, but they are also much bigger instruments. Pianos and organs are generally not very portable, but the accordion, well that's a different story.

The largest piano accordions are also compact considering their impressive range of notes, but they have a greater length on the body than a button accordion and are not really suitable for those of small stature. The button accordion is therefore friendlier to shorter individuals and those with small hands. Okay, so bigger CBAs are a little bulky in other dimensions, due to some of them having 6 reed blocks (treble), but that's a fairly reasonable price to pay, all things considered.​

Last edited:
Back