• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

who wrote this arrangement of la Cumparsita?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Fusari

Reaction score
I have been listening to a lot of versions of La Cumparsita lately. Ive heard a few people play this specific arrangement of it. Does anyone know where this arrangement comes from? Im guessing its a method book, probably about grade 8 or so. I havent been able to find it.

The reason Im asking is Ive written out a transcription of parts of it that I like, and want to incorporate it into my version, but it would be nice to know who actually wrote it!!

Well that's the not the Palmer-Hughes arrangement from Book 7, I can at least tell you.

Some really nice ideas in there though!

La Cumparsita (The Masked One)
Written by G.H. Matos Rodriguez
Copyrighted in 1938

The tune is 48 bars long and variations are up to the performer.
Original tune can be found in many Latin American Song Books.
Original key is "C"

Chares Magnante offered an accordion music sheet and might be found at
Busso Music - Ernest Deffner -- info@ernestdeffner.com

Thanks Jim for that information, still wondering if anyone has seen this particular arrangement before, and what book it might have appeared in..

I cant help you on who wrote the arrangement.  But its a coincidence that I was looking at some old sheet music of mine and came across an easy arrangement by Frank Gaviani from 57 years about when I started taking lessons.  I too have watched several renditions of La Cumparsita on youtube, but this is the one that prompted me to dig out the old sheet music.  Perhaps you have seen it?

Corinto said

With a free membership you can download up to 30 free scores.

I couldn't find this offer but the offer I did find was free access for 5 days.

I like the idea that the scores are graded.

Is anyone on this forum a member and who could explain the above discrepancy and indeed how much membership costs as I could not find this ( important ) information either on the site.

Free Registered User = 5 days free access with up to 30 downloads, ... so if you download or look at 30 scores the first day your free privileges are over ...

Premium = one year unlimited downloads ...

Attachments

• AccScores.png
    AccScores.png
    99.9 KB · Views: 14
GeorgeH76 pid=72303 dateline=1590305257 said:
I cant help you on who wrote the arrangement.  But its a coincidence that I was looking at some old sheet music of mine and came across an easy arrangement by Frank Gaviani from 57 years about when I started taking lessons.  I too have watched several renditions of La Cumparsita on youtube, but this is the one that prompted me to dig out the old sheet music.  Perhaps you have seen it?

Ya thats a good one! The version that inspired me to transcribe said arrangement is here:

Corinto pid=72309 dateline=1590316965 said:
Several arrangements available here = https://www.accordion-scores.com/partitions/categorie=all/artiste=all/s=cumparsita

Hey thanks Corinto!  I havent looked through them all yet, but it might be there!

Frank Fusari pid=72315 dateline=1590345047 said:
GeorgeH76 pid=72303 dateline=1590305257 said:

Ya thats a good one! The version that inspired me to transcribe said arrangement is here:

Corinto pid=72309 dateline=1590316965 said:
Several arrangements available here = https://www.accordion-scores.com/partitions/categorie=all/artiste=all/s=cumparsita

Hey thanks Corinto!  I havent looked through them all yet, but it might be there!

Frank:
Amazing someone that young can play like that.  In a way it doesnt surprise me....

[font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]How many people play the [/font][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]accordion[/font][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]? This fluctuates, so it [/font][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]is[/font][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif] impossible to say at any one time. The [/font][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]country that[/font][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif] by far [/font][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]has the most[/font][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif] accordionists [/font][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]is[/font][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif] China.[/font]

Corinto said:
Free Registered User = 5 days free access with up to 30 downloads, ... so if you download or look at 30 scores the first day your free privileges are over ...

Premium = one year unlimited downloads ...

Also, it appears to me that you can't download a score that has been uploaded within the last 6 months. I don't see the point of this restriction but it's there.

wirralaccordion said:
Also, it appears to me that you can't download a score that has been uploaded within the last 6 months. I don't see the point of this restriction but it's there.

As I have no relationship with the owner(s) of this site, I can't answer about this, just say that anyone does as he best likes in his own business.

OTOH, how about copyright issues with 56.000+ scores available for almost free ... ??? ymmv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back