• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Where Virtuosity meets Passion....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom!
Great pick!
Excellent playing, excellent number and the "coathanger " and the Sydney Harbour and Sydney Opera House for a background!??

Reactions: Tom
This was Jack Emblow's favorite tune to play... Sorry can't find version.... Ended his farewell gig with it.... Was his 80s, arthritis and fraility had got the better of him....took his accordion of and one of my friends Stan Shakespeare bought it off him there and then....
Stuff of legends... Great unassuming player

Sounds lovely. It's of course completely playback in the video, and the audio recording is clearly done in fragments because with this accordion without chin switches the fast register changes during the play are simply impossible...
I played this song when I was young... it's a great song, which the Russians play in a slightly different way from what this video does, which is also what I learned as a youngster.
Good news for interested people: Albert Vossen died on August 10, 1971 which means that from January 1, 2022 onwards this composition will enter the public domain in countries like Canada! That should make the sheet music open for free distribution in these countries. (Europe will have to wait another 20 years and the USA even much much longer...)

Reactions: Tom
Sounds lovely. It's of course completely playback in the video, and the audio recording is clearly done in fragments because with this accordion without chin switches the fast register changes during the play are simply impossible...
Never mind the registers, the costume and location changes need to be done at the speed of light; which might cause some unwelcome Doppler effects.

she obviously likes her Serenellini accordions...

and exercises really good control over her bellows... subtle movements of air
even though it is a fact paced piece, as well as feathering the end chord nicely

she obviously likes her Serenellini accordions...

and exercises really good control over her bellows... subtle movements of air
even though it is a fact paced piece, as well as feathering the end chord nicely
I can tell you from experience that getting the bellows control right (and feathering the end chord) is not very difficult when you record the audio in fragments and can do as many takes as you like. The video itself is just playback, but obviously she can play this piece very well, and the presentation is infinitely better than what could be achieved if the recording was live. When I record music I tend to just stick to the audio. Nobody really wants to see an old guy like me play "live" and I cannot do it standing up either as my accordions are too heavy (and/or my back too weak) to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back