• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Where do you stop putting valves and strengthening rods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jomme

Reaction score
Hello
Im rebuilding some accorsions and was wondering to what pitch you add valves on the reeds and same story for the 'conto palli' alias little metal rods for strengthening...
Donno if this is the correct name for the stuff but Guess you understand what Im talking about...
In a book I have the author says beyond C5 its not necessary to put valves on the reeds but on the Cavagnolos I have ther are many more on the higher reeds...
Same fot the little metal rods, the book says beond C3 its not necessary...
I use only leather but guess plastic is not a bad wa to go fot the high reeds...
What are your experiences?
Cheers
G

I revalved a 1950's Scandalli recently, it had boosters on the treble L up to E4 and treble M/M+ up to Ab3.
I used leather valves up to G5, plastic from Ab5 to B5, and no valves for C6 and above.

I think the theory is plastic valves work better than leather for notes in about that range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back