• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Treble pallets misalignment cause air leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.
the valves were correctly installed originally,
and the foam was soft and pliable when new...

it is time to change them ALL and re-align the action arms

every single one of them

much easier dealing with this completely and be done with it
What is the estimated price can be at accordion repair shop in Toronto?

I'd call these folks and ask.

that is a Hohner and the material is NOT ORIGINAL as they are red/green felt and leather. As everyone said before, you need to change every pallet. Someone did the job with the foam, and it isn't a good material for this purpose. The marks on the corners are original.

that is a Hohner and the material is NOT ORIGINAL as they are red/green felt and leather. As everyone said before, you need to change every pallet. Someone did the job with the foam, and it isn't a good material for this purpose. The marks on the corners are original.
If honest, I purchased this accordion at the accordion shop. When I had a repair by warranty I asked them to fix air leaking problems and improve air tightness, and sound, especially on the bassoon switch, but they have not done anything. They just fixed the air button that stacked. That's it. :(

Last edited:
If honest, I purchased this accordion at the accordion shop. When I had a repair by warranty I asked them to fix air leaking problems and improve air tightness, and sound, especially on the bassoon switch, but they have not done anything. They just fixed the air button that stacked. That's it. :(
If an accordion shop works like this, it only means that they buy and sell accordions, and that's it. I wouldn't let any customer to have such a bad experience. That Hohner has an acceptable bassoon sound, when worked properly. There was a post in the forum months ago, of someone who repaired his air leaks on a similar Hohner, and got really good results.

If an accordion shop works like this, it only means that they buy and sell accordions, and that's it. I wouldn't let any customer to have such a bad experience. That Hohner has an acceptable bassoon sound, when worked properly. There was a post in the forum months ago, of someone who repaired his air leaks on a similar Hohner, and got really good results.
It's not exactly correct. They provide repair service, but I think, although, I am not sure, that, as this repair was by warranty that didn't require payment from my side they have decided to not work so hard.

Accordion Player23,
Can't answer for all accordion shops, but the ones I know do?
Bit like car dealers, really ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back