• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Titano Virtuoso

Status
Not open for further replies.

danp76

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I recently purchased a Titano Virtuoso with a tone chamber. How do I determine the age and the manufacturer of the reeds? Are they hand made or hand finished? I will attached some photos. Thank you! Dan

Titano Virtuoso.jpg

Attachments

• Titano Virtuoso.jpg
    Titano Virtuoso.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Titano Virtuoso tone chamber.jpg
    Titano Virtuoso tone chamber.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Titano Virtuoso pic 3.jpg
    Titano Virtuoso pic 3.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Titano Virtuoso pic 2.jpg
    Titano Virtuoso pic 2.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 33
Does anyone know the year and type of reeds? hand finished or hand made and reed manufacturer?

Wow, I figured someone would have more information on this? I guess not, didn't think it was that rare. I'm curious as to how old it is and what reed options were available in terms of brand and prices of this accordion.

Your Titano is a late 60's early 70's vintage.
Made by Victoria of Italy and came with " Hand Made Reeds ".
For the exact maker of the reeds used by Victoria in this time period contact
BUSSO MUSIC INC. at (703) 941-9300

Last edited:
The quality of the reeds decides how responsive the accordion is to quiet passages, do the reeds start up quickly and at the same time, you have the instrument, you can check.
Sometimes one reedplate will have a makers name on it, look for that

The quality of the reeds decides how responsive the accordion is to quiet passages, do the reeds start up quickly and at the same time, you have the instrument, you can check.
Sometimes one reedplate will have a makers name on it, look for that
Thank you for your reply. I'm going to take a closer look, to see if I can see if they are hand made. Do you know the approximate year this accordion was made? I think the Royal and Emperor are a higher level accordion, from what I've read.

Looks like a nice accordion. You can probably look at the side of the base of reed tongue to see if it’s hand made, if your not sure by the sound of it. Btw- Does that tube chamber grill do anything to the sound at all?

Thank you everyone for your replies. I will certainly have a closer look at the reeds. The accordion does sound quite nice. I was always under the impression that the Titano Virtuoso accordions were offered with hand-finished reeds? Isn't the Royal Titano's "best" 41/120 chambered accordion with hand made reeds? I think the Emperor's all have an extended keyboard, if I'm not mistaken.

Dan,
Very nice instrument, very clear photos.
One of my teachers had a Titano like this, late 60s early 70s: great sound!??

tube chamber was really a marketing thing but fun !

i will never understand these kinds of questions,
but here are my answers:

it is a very old accordion
it is a very nice accordion
the reeds look very nice indeed
it probably plays like a dream

what difference, after all these decades, do fine specific details matter?

it's not like you need a part to match something
or think it is under warranty still and have an issue

clearly these are not need to know things because you already bought it !

am just havin' fun with you... enjoy the squeeze

tube chamber was really a marketing thing but fun !

i will never understand these kinds of questions,
but here are my answers:

it is a very old accordion
it is a very nice accordion
the reeds look very nice indeed
it probably plays like a dream

what difference, after all these decades, do fine specific details matter?

it's not like you need a part to match something
or think it is under warranty still and have an issue

clearly these are not need to know things because you already bought it !

am just havin' fun with you... enjoy the squeeze
Thank you! I just like to educate myself on these accordions that I have. The Virtuoso has hand finished reeds, there isn't any blue tint on bottom sides of the reeds, just on the face. I'm guessing the same accordion with handmade reeds would be the Royal? Most of the Virtuoso's I see don't have a tone chamber, and this one does. I couldn't find any reed maker stamped on any of the reeds, I would imagine just an average hand finished reed was used? It's surprising that a Titano with a chamber and free bass would use hand finished and not hand made reeds. I guess if they did, there wouldn't be any reason to have a Royal model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back