• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

the latest Bonifassi mini CBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 48

The accordion maker Bonifassi with the latest model of the mini CBA line:

Bella Ciao joué avec le Bonifassi modèle Baby

31 notes treble and 50 (? I can see 5 rows x 10 or a total of 50) basses
Thats a lot of notes in a tiny box.

Stephen post_id=60067 time=1528752037 user_id=391 said:
The accordion maker Bonifassi with the latest model of the mini CBA line:

Bella Ciao joué avec le Bonifassi modèle Baby

31 notes treble and 50 (? I can see 5 rows x 10 or a total of 50) basses
Thats a lot of notes in a tiny box.

Quite something, but Stephane Bonifassi could get a decent sound out of just about anything with buttons on it, even an old pair of trousers with a button fly!

Check out Manu Maugain in this clip playing Paloma on a little Cadence accordion (starts at 2.16)

WaldoW post_id=60079 time=1528770229 user_id=1663 said:
Any idea how much these cost?

Heres another option: http://www.accordeon-thierryb.fr/nouveau-clavier-de-31-touches/

Hi Waldo,

Would expect even the most simple of them to be at least 1500 Euros, and French made accordions have always had the reputation for being a lot dearer than their Italian made equivalents.

As an example, I have a Maugein Mini Sonora which would cost about 12000 Euros to replace (I paid 4000 Euros for it used) about 20 years ago, and they still make the same model.

If I were to replace it with an Italian made instrument like a Piermaria, or Mengascini, then I could probably save 4000 Euros on the new price compared to the Maugein. OK, it wouldnt be a Maugein, but 4000 Euros is a big saving for an amateur player. When I bought the Maugein I still had high hopes of being able to play it properly, but the realisation eventually dawned.

FWIW you cant even buy a little Chinese made Hohner Nova 80 bass Fun Light in France for under 2000 Euros, and the sound quality on those is not that great. I know because I bought a new one (unseen) from a guy over your side and saved a few hundred dollars. I was looking for a lighter instrument, and certainly got one. I need to keep weights tied to it to stop it floating away!

The firm in this link, Cadence, from the Périgord, have made the odd novelty mini accordion, but they dont have them listed in their catalogue.

http://accordeoncadence.fr/fr-gammes.html

The Cadence mini CBA made for Manu Maugain, the Bonifassi mini CBA, the Maugein Marionito, the Thierry Benetoux Snooopi CBA models, etcetera
I hope they can seduce the 3 - 8 years accordion starters, and the travelers or buskers.
Maybe these mini CBAs can find their way to the Central and Latin American accordion aficionados.

Stephen post_id=60118 time=1528823628 user_id=391 said:
Maybe these mini CBAs can find their way to the Central and Latin American accordion aficionados.

Theyve got the PA version all ready to go. Apparently its just a matter of buying one for $40 in the US and getting it over a wall! Ive a cousin in California whose wife is Mexican, and its looking like they may be interested! Theyre just waiting to see how far you can throw one before they get their money out!

If these Chinese toy mini accordions can lure the masses into accordion playing, why not.
As you say they can upgrade and invest their money later.

Finally watched the whole video through. Cheapskate bought a used one! Hope he never had to spend a fortune refurbishing it!

When I bought my first box I was told to buy the dearest one I could afford, as it wasn't easy to play and a cheap one would probably end up lying under the bed. Buying a dear one would be likely to ensure I gave it my best shot.

Ended up having to go and buy more beds, as I've now got 4 accordions and seldom play any of them!

The Bonifassi mini CBA Euterpe gets lots of publicity with young Madlyns videos and shows.
Madlyn 9 ans - Accordéon prodige - LITTLE BIG STARS 2018 - C8

Madlyn performing with orchestra in the Panthéon in Paris, and in a TV show.

This is the pink coloured Euterpe model for girls (3,9 kg , with 60 basses):
http://accordeon-bonifassi.fr/index.php/catalogue/article/195-Euterpe

I havent found the baby Bonifassi model on Stéphane Bonifassis official website.
Id like to learn more about the dimensions in cm, the net weight in kg of this latest baby Bonifassi CBA.

There is the Brandoni 181W, a very nice 60bass.

For whatever reason, the chroma makers have been much slower off the mark to give us high-quality compact CBAs with at least 4 rows. Unlike the PA makers who really have finally been "getting it" the last couple/few years, that high quality build and reeds are not only for the big monsters.

I received some information about the latest mini CBA Bonifassi.
The net weight is 2,7 kg.
Dimensions are 22 cm x 13,5 cm

The treble side is 1 voice, the bass side is 2 voices.
31 notes with 50 standard basses.

The prototype is 3 rows, but it will be available in 3 or 4 rows.
Choice of colours, bellows, decoration, etc is at customer's request.

A visitor/customer testing the Bonifassi mini CBA in the shop (he starts playing the prototype (?) instrument 500 and later)

Laginha toca no acordeão mais pequeno do mundo na fábrica dos Acordeons Bonifassi (Nice, França)

Stephen pid=69445 dateline=1579224395 said:
A visitor/customer testing the Bonifassi mini CBA in the shop (he starts playing the prototype (?) instrument 500 and later)

Laginha toca no acordeão mais pequeno do mundo na fábrica dos Acordeons Bonifassi (Nice, França)

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the post. Very enjoyable. The Portuguese still love the accordion (well some of them do), and it just shows what can be done with such a small instrument. 

I recently discovered that Christian Peschel, who was well known in his native Limousin, was killed by an elderly motorist not long after his 70th birthday last year. 

Here he is on Maugeins mini accordion, the Marionito. He struggles a bit with accuracy, but few would attempt that tune on such a small instrument. 

He was one of the last old style musette players, and this is the way I remember his playing:-

Maugein made excellent accordions for many years, but they dont seem to sound the same these days. The musette tuning is probably not for everybody, but it suited his style of playing, as well as many others.

John and Stephen,
Thanks for your insights and the clips! :)

Accordions Bonifassi is certainly an Aladdin's Cave for accordionists  :)

Dingo40 said:
John and Stephen,
Thanks for your insights and the clips! :)

Accordions Bonifassi is certainly an Aladdin's Cave for accordionists  :)

Dingo,

When it was Accordeons sud-est it had the largest stock of accordions in France, if not Europe. 

Looks like they still have a load of accordions in stock, although they have never been the cheapest retailer in France. 

Instruments in their own brand name, Bonifassi, are made in Italy, so they are effectively distributors. Stephane Bonifassi (guy with long hair in Stephen's clip) is the head honcho, and is a well established tuner, repairer, and of course player.  

Nice is just along the road from Italy, and many of the accordionists are descendants of Italians who moved there.

Ah, a diminutive 1-voice 3-row. So it's REALLY petit. Like a CBA version of the bisonoric Castagnari Lilly models. Here's hoping it finds some love and a niche out there. Possibly it might appeal to players who otherwise would go for an accordion-reeded duet concertina.

Bonifassi from Nice in France added the details and picture of the mini CBA on their website catalogue:

https://accordeon-bonifassi.fr/produit/baby-3/

45 basses (9 x 5) (the website also mentions 50 basses, but the picture is showing a 45 basses)
31 buttons on 3 rows (single voice)
dimensions: 22 cm x 32 cm x 13,5 cm

net weight: 2,4 kilograms (?)

if true, that's a very lightweight mini / traveler CBA

They also have the mini CBA with 4 rows (3 + 1 repeat row). This one is with 50 basses.
Notice the weight is exactly the same: 2,4 kg (?)

Looks extremely compact !
Can't wait to get a closer look these beautiful mini CBAs, I'll put one on my list for Santa

Dingo,

When it was Accordeons sud-est it had the largest stock of accordions in France, if not Europe.

Looks like they still have a load of accordions in stock, although they have never been the cheapest retailer in France.

Instruments in their own brand name, Bonifassi, are made in Italy, so they are effectively distributors. Stephane Bonifassi (guy with long hair in Stephen's clip) is the head honcho, and is a well established tuner, repairer, and of course player.

Nice is just along the road from Italy, and many of the accordionists are descendants of Italians who moved there.
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the post. Very enjoyable. The Portuguese still love the accordion (well some of them do), and it just shows what can be done with such a small instrument.

I recently discovered that Christian Peschel, who was well known in his native Limousin, was killed by an elderly motorist not long after his 70th birthday last year.

Here he is on Maugeins mini accordion, the Marionito. He struggles a bit with accuracy, but few would attempt that tune on such a small instrument.

He was one of the last old style musette players, and this is the way I remember his playing:-

Maugein made excellent accordions for many years, but they dont seem to sound the same these days. The musette tuning is probably not for everybody, but it suited his style of playing, as well as many others.
Thanks john for sharing this. Fascinating.Inspiring.What an instrument.The type of stuff thst mskes usvget up out of bed in the morning.
Any names friform some of the tango pieces.
Godgi
Godgi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back